Mac Applications

Question

How do I burn a Photoshop slideshow to DVD?

by JCHaley4300 / June 18, 2012 5:25 AM PDT

I have a slide show I made of my mom in iPhoto that I uploaded to Vimeo.

My question is how can I take this iPhoto collection and turn it into something I can burn to a disk that people can play on their own computers and/or televisions?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How do I burn a Photoshop slideshow to DVD?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How do I burn a Photoshop slideshow to DVD?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Is it iPhoto or Photoshop?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 18, 2012 5:28 AM PDT

And what versions are used?

Then I can look at online searches such as ask.com, google to see how folk solved it.

-> By the way. Many Windows PCs no longer have an optical drive and some can't play DVDs. So be sure this is worth your time. And be sure you are ready for the support calls.
Bob

Collapse -
iPhoto, not Photoshop
by JCHaley4300 / June 18, 2012 6:12 AM PDT

Sorry, I was posting this question for a friend. It was iPhoto, not Photoshop. I emailed him requesting the version of iPhoto he used, but he has not replied yet.

I'm not sure how he uploaded it to Vimeo, but I assume the process would be similar. M guess is he would use iDVD to create the DVD, but I'm unfamiliar with the process.

He just wants a DVD folks can play in their DVD player connected to their TV. Nothing fancy, and they probably won't be playing it on their computers.

Collapse -
let's check the results.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 18, 2012 7:39 AM PDT
In reply to: iPhoto, not Photoshop
Collapse -
another good source of info
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 18, 2012 9:20 AM PDT
In reply to: iPhoto, not Photoshop

is the Help file within iPhoto.

I believe it details this procedure. There is also one in iDVD

P

Collapse -
iphoto & mac os versions
by JCHaley4300 / June 18, 2012 5:48 PM PDT

He is using iPhoto 11, version 9.2.3 on a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. The Basics4Mac links are for iPhoto 09, but I expect the procedure is much the same. I will share the info with him, and encourage him to check the help files in iPhoto and iDVD. Thanks for your help!

Collapse -
Getting Slideshow from iPhoto to iDVD
by Old_Toad / July 9, 2012 2:30 AM PDT

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> Once he has the slideshow the way he wants it use the Share -> iDVD menu option. This will create a QT movie file of the slideshow and export it into iDVD. Then just pick the theme you want to use in iDVD, make any changes/additions to the menu (like adding music, etc.) and follow this workflow:

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Once you have your project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File -> Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process<span>

<span>To check the encoding mount the disk image and launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding was good.
<span>

<span>Then<strong> burn to disk</strong> with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums
<span>

<span>

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.