Windows 7 forum

General discussion

How can I switch back to my windows vista?

by jmorales691 / August 11, 2009 7:20 AM PDT

I have installed windows 7 to check it out, i read that if i wanted to switch back all i had to do is configure with the windows.old file but i dont not have it on my computer. I also dont have the vista CD's. I used to have vista home premium and i would like to switch it back.

Any help please?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I switch back to my windows vista?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I switch back to my windows vista?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here is a...
by jeff_windows_team / August 11, 2009 7:57 AM PDT
Collapse -
Windows 7 Screen Size
by Jtspats / February 15, 2010 5:24 AM PST
In reply to: Here is a...

Hello,

I just installed windows 7, I'm using a 37 in LCD TV as a monitor and my resolution is set at the recommended 1920x1080, I am connected with an HMDI cable.

My screen bleeds under the border of the TV and I can't see the start button nor any programs. I had the same thing happen in Vista before I upgraded to 7 and I was able to change a setting that was default 100% to 50% and it shrunk my screen in a 1/4 or inch or so so that I could see all the things I needed to see on my desktop. The setting was not DPI, but I can't remember what it was that I changed, and I can't find it on windows 7. Any help with advice on how I can see my complete desktop is greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
threads
by jeff_windows_team / February 16, 2010 3:53 AM PST
In reply to: Windows 7 Screen Size

And for future reference when you have a question like yours please post it as a new thread rather than asking it on the end of an older thread. Thanks!

Collapse -
i want to switch from window 7 to vista
by chika1914 / July 10, 2010 12:06 AM PDT

well my operating system is window 7 and i would like to change it to window vista my computer model is Compaq presario f700.

Collapse -
back to vista from windows 7
by ambrusni / July 28, 2010 3:38 AM PDT

Up to aweek ago i was a happy vista user.
Then i thought i shuld try windows 7. What a mistake!!!!
Now i would like to go back to vista, but i don't know how. Can someone help me?
I have ales than a year ol Dell h/w, plenty of memory and a large flat screen.
Nick

Collapse -
Say again?
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / July 28, 2010 5:17 AM PDT

"I have ales than a year ol Dell h/w"

I don't know what that means.

How did you try Windows 7? If you upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 using the normal upgrade route, then there is no way to revert back. If you wiped Vista and installed Windows 7, then again there is no restore.

You will have to re-install Vista.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.