Computer Help forum

General discussion

How can I merge two pdf files into one?

by zlzpqx / April 3, 2011 1:09 PM PDT

By scanning two pages one by one, I stored in my Documents File two pdf files, one for each of the two scanned pages.

How do I go about creating one pdf file which will contain the contents of both of those pdf files?

Thank you very much.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I merge two pdf files into one?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I merge two pdf files into one?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Two ideas.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2011 1:13 PM PDT

1. Don't scan to PDF. Scan to an image, then insert into some word doc and use CutePDF to print it to one PDF.

2. Google PDFMerge (which I don't use because I have other ways.)
Bob

Collapse -
The short version
by Jimmy Greystone / April 3, 2011 11:23 PM PDT

The short version is you need some PDF editing program. There are many out there, some free, some not. See Bob's advice about Google.

Collapse -
Re: scan to pdf
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 3, 2011 11:36 PM PDT

My Canon scanning program - when scanning to pdf - after each scan (that is, after each page) asks if it can close the pdf or if I want to add the next scan to it as a next page.
That way, it lets me make a 10-page pdf-file out of 10 separate input pages.

That's an easy way!

Kees

Collapse -
My "CanoScan Lide 25" Canon scanner
by zlzpqx / April 4, 2011 3:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: scan to pdf

Kees,

Let me first express here my high appreciation of each of the four people including you who took time to post their solutions to my problem.

Before I had posted my initial query, I had somehow used the "Copy" button --not the "PDF" button-- in the options which my "CanoScan Lide 25" Canon scanner provides. After successively scanning two pages by clicking on "Copy", I had then secured two independent PDF files in my Documents File.

In view of your suggestion, I thought that my most straightforward solution lied in clicking on the "PDF" button rather than the "Copy" button; so I tried that method a few minutes ago.

Alas! I got a message "Selected option is invalid."! Is it that the "PDF" button on my "CanoScan Lide 25" is really useless, being in fact "valid" only for some more sophisticated Canon scanners?

Thank you, Kees.

Collapse -
With my Lide 30 ...
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 4, 2011 4:07 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.