- Open the Control Panel
- In the upper right search box, type "performance"
- Click on "Performance Information and Tools"
- In the left panel, select "Adjust visual effects"
- Find "Show thumbnails instead of icons" and check the box
- Select "Apply", then "OK"
Hopefully this should fix your problem.
I have a newer Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Home edition. When I open my pictures it shows a folder of pictures, the when I open the folder I have a list of irfanview icons and I would like to see thumbnails of the pictures. When I use the options on upper right, where it has a list of small,med.etc., tiles list what ever. No matter what I choose I do not get the thumbnails. Can you help