Samsung forum

Question

How can I find my Samsung Smart TV's model number?

by jsp_1983 / November 3, 2011 6:23 AM PDT

I'd like to find out my TV's model number without having to dismount it from the wall, so I'm assuming there's another way to find out what it is.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I find my Samsung Smart TV's model number?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I find my Samsung Smart TV's model number?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: model number
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 3, 2011 6:52 AM PDT

Might be on the invoice you got from the shop? Or on the user manual? Or is that the kind of manual that covers 20 different models and on page says 10 times something like "if applicable" or "if present on your model"?

Kees

Collapse -
Mandatory subject title
by jsp_1983 / November 3, 2011 11:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Re: model number
Or is that the kind of manual that covers 20 different models and on page says 10 times something like "if applicable" or "if present on your model"?

Yup, it's one of those - hence my 'rarely useful' comment below!
Collapse -
Mandatory discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 3, 2011 11:55 AM PDT

Be sure you temper your expectations for this. Many thought they would get a web browser like a PC or zero issues with video streaming.

However look around the information on the menus since some models show that.

Collapse -
Mandatory subject title
by jsp_1983 / November 3, 2011 10:28 PM PDT
In reply to: Mandatory discussion.

I spent some time going through the menus, but unfortunately it didn't have that information. Plenty of other stuff on how to use the TV, but no mention of model number.

Collapse -
Mandatory subject title -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 4, 2011 5:59 AM PDT
Or is that the kind of manual that covers 20 different models and on page says 10 times something like "if applicable" or "if present on your model"?

Yup, it's one of those - hence my 'rarely useful' comment below!

Hooooooold on, fellas.

Guys, if we can get as much as UNxxD7000 or LNxxC6000 or whatever, I can answer the question as to if the dongle is available. If you can tell me a roundabout when you purchased it, I might also be able to tell you.
Collapse -
Mandatory Subject Title
by jsp_1983 / November 4, 2011 11:06 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 3, 2011 8:45 AM PDT

jsp_1983 -

Collapse -
Mandatory subject line
by jsp_1983 / November 3, 2011 11:46 AM PDT

Well, we don't keep boxes and the manual is... somewhere (they're rarely useful).

Collapse -
Re: back of set
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 3, 2011 6:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Mandatory subject line

Well, there exist mirrors to look behind something. Ever had the head of your dentist inside your mouth to have a look at the backside of your teeth? I don't think so.

Kees

Collapse -
Mandatory subject title
by jsp_1983 / November 3, 2011 10:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Re: back of set

Ah yes, mirrors. Let me go and fetch my spare set of dental mirrors so I can read a small portion of reversed letters and numbers...

Collapse -
Answer
Finding the model number
by techno-q / November 4, 2011 10:40 AM PDT

Go to the TV's menu and press the UP arrow one time. You should see Support or something like Contact Samsung in the menu that comes up. Your model number should be in the 'Contact Samsung' section.

Collapse -
Mandatory Subject Title
by jsp_1983 / November 4, 2011 11:07 AM PDT

I wish I'd seen this earlier... Thanks!

Collapse -
Answer
Smart TV Model
by DNMM10 / December 16, 2011 7:19 AM PST

Hit MENU on your remote, then select SYSTEM, GENERAL and it is under TV name.

Collapse -
Answer
Found it!!!
by Silbear10 / June 14, 2013 9:53 AM PDT

Menu > Support > Contact Samsung and there it is Model Code

Collapse -
Answer
re: How can I find my Samsung Smart TV's model number?
by ncskasweet6 / July 14, 2013 1:10 PM PDT

On my samsung smart tv that I purchased in Jan of 2013, I was able to locate the model or "device number" by hitting the menu button on the samsung remote, use the down arrows and highlight (usually blue) the "Network", and you should see the model number under "Device Name"

Collapse -
Answer
by SueA9378 / December 5, 2014 12:31 AM PST

From the tech support:
You can locate the model number on the rear panel of the TV or also you can go to Menu>>Support>>Contact Samsung on your television.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.