iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Question

how can I extract my contacts from my iTunes backup?

by Teringlei / March 27, 2013 7:25 PM PDT

Owing to I have lost my iphone 4 last week, I am to buy one iphone 5, but I want to know can I get my iphone 4 backup files on my itunes,because I don't want to download them again, so I was wondering is there a way that I can extract my iphone 4 backup files to my new iphone 5? I am waiting for your every answer.If possible, please send me a detailed guide to operate. Thanks very much!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: how can I extract my contacts from my iTunes backup?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: how can I extract my contacts from my iTunes backup?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
When you get your new iPhone5,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / March 27, 2013 9:56 PM PDT

just connect it to your computer and iTunes will pop up and ask you something like, "would you like to treat this as a new phone?"
Answer Yes and iTunes will sync your new iPhone will all the apps, music, contacts, calendars that were on the iPhone4.

It's how people move from one iPhone to another when they upgrade.

P

Collapse -
Answer
Extract contact from iTunes backup
by jacksonbird03 / April 1, 2013 5:18 PM PDT

To extract your contact you need a tool that can help to extract your contacts from iTunes backup file.
I recommend you some tools like:
Wondershare Dr.Fone (a Windows version) or Wondershare Dr.Fone (Mac) (a Mac version).
Not only your iPhone 4S, it also works for the latest iPhone 5, and other iOS

Collapse -
(NT) Beware of Wondershare
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / April 1, 2013 9:43 PM PDT
Collapse -
Wondershare spams a lot.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 2:07 AM PDT

Minus gazillion.

Collapse -
Answer
You can try the following
by Pepe7 / April 4, 2013 1:12 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
There are two ways
by cecillovell2 / April 14, 2013 7:04 PM PDT

In fact, there are two ways for you to recover your deleted photos from iPhone. First, you can use a third-party tool to directly scan and recover pictures from your iPhone. Second, if you've synced your iPhone with iTunes, you also can regain your deleted pictures by extracting your iTunes backup file.
1. Directly scan and recover contacts from iPhone
a) Make iTunes be automatically sync with iPhone.
b) Enter DFU mode and scan iPhone
c) Preview and recover iPhone contacts

2. Scan and extract iTunes backup to recover iPhone contacts?Link your apple iphone to i-tunes and Back up by choosing Preferences > Back-up from apple itunes, or proper-click on your own iPhone as well as choose support.
a) Scan your iTunes backup for iPhone 3GS
b) Preview and recover iPhone contacts
c) Do backup well

Resources: http://www.istonsoft.com/iphone/how-to-extract-iphone-backup.html

Collapse -
Answer
extract my contacts from my iTunes backup
by Carsonl625 / July 4, 2013 12:55 AM PDT

If you are synchronized your contacts with the social networking sites you can recover the lost contacts very easily
You can also get the deleted contact list by extract your back up file
Open itunes on your system
Then plug in your iphone to your system
Then go to the Devices
Then select the iphone unders devices
Now select the option Restore From Backup by right clicking on the iphone device
Then select the option Restore
Now you can see all the contacts were restored on the iphone device

Collapse -
Answer
Backup and Restore
by Joshuaclive / July 4, 2013 1:22 AM PDT

There are two ways to restore your contacts.

video-converter-mac.org/recover-iphone-contacts/

1) Connect your iPhone with computer using bluetooth or USB Cable.

>>Open iTunes

>>Go to "Storage"

>>Click on "Backup and Restore"

>>Wait for a moment.

Your contacts will be restored.

OR

2) Open iCloud.

>>Enter Apple id and password.

>>Go to Storage and Backup.

>>From there Restore your contacts.

>>Close iCloud.

>>Restart iPhone.

You are done.

Collapse -
Answer
how can I extract my contacts from my iTunes backup
by tsean526 / August 27, 2013 12:41 PM PDT

If you use iTunes as your iPhone manager, you should know there is auto backup generated by iTunes when you sync iPhone with it. Yes, iTunes has done the backup for your iPhone indeed. You only need to restore from the iPhone backup file (SQlitedb file) by iPhone Data Recovery.

Collapse -
Answer
extract contacts from iTunes
by uniquech / November 17, 2013 4:47 PM PST

Sorry
to hear about your experience. If your iPhone was backed up when the data were on it -- and you still have the backup -- it will be possible to
restore them with an iPhone Backup Extractor - iPhone Data Recovery. Load it up and browse to the
Media/DCIM/100APPLE folder and you should get your data. Here is the steps you can follow:
first, scan the backup file
second, extract backup files of iPhone
third, remember to backup
Hope it can help you. Good luck!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.