Samsung

Question

How can I extend battery life on Galaxy S2 ?

by acro47 / November 11, 2011 11:37 PM PST

I've had T-Mobile Galaxy S2 for 3 wks, phone is perfect for my needs but I'm losing about 15% battery life per hour with minimal use, not even making it thru a work day!

GPS, Bluetooth& Sync are OFF, auto update is OFF, Wi-Fi is OFF but I've tried it both ways (on/off), display is set @ bare minimum, Power Saver is on, I don't do much browsing & use primarily for phone/email, 2-3 texts daily. I can't even do a crossword puzzle while waiting for an appt. because it uses 25% of my battery.

HELP! What other adjustments should I make? (I can't afford to buy another phone!)

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I extend battery life on Galaxy S2 ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I extend battery life on Galaxy S2 ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: battery
by Kees_B Forum moderator / November 11, 2011 11:39 PM PST

After 3 weeks, if the battery performs less or shorter than they advertised, you've got warranty. Use that to get either a good battery or a better phone.

Kees

Collapse -
Extending battery life on Galaxy S2
by acro47 / November 12, 2011 12:11 AM PST
In reply to: Re: battery

I called T-Mobile and they said I can't take it back to the store because I did not buy the "Premium Protection" and the store doesn't deal with issues after 14 days, that it would have to go through TMo Customer Support. They told me they would send me a refurb and I could send mine back. I had to pay full price (my company pays the monthly bill and they do not allow us to extend their contract with TMo) -- so I said "you mean I paid $529 for this device and in less than 30 days all I get is a refurb?" I even asked for a Supervisor, who very pleasantly told me that this is the way it works. She said "next time, be sure to buy the Premium Protection."

So I've ordered a battery/charger kit for the phone. Maybe keeping a charged battery in my purse will help; but really that's just a bandaid, I was hoping there was something else I could do, change settings etc., which would increase battery life. But you think it's either a bad battery or bad phone?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.