Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

How can I download movies to my MP3 Player?

by mhollowell / December 26, 2006 4:39 AM PST

I received a Creative Zen VisionM 30GB for Christmas and don't know the first thing about audio or video downloading, additional hardware or software I might need, etc. Could someone direct me to a source that would educate me.

Thank you

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I download movies to my MP3 Player?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I download movies to my MP3 Player?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What is the source?
by John.Wilkinson / December 26, 2006 5:37 AM PST

The instructions on how to transfer content to your MP3 player begin on page 6 of your user manual, so if that's where you're hung up it's just a short read and you have everything you need. Assuming you're talking about the acquisition of movies themselves, what source are you looking at? Are these DVDs you own and would like to transfer to your MP3 player or are you looking to purchase movies online and download them?

Let us know.

Collapse -
What is the source?
by mhollowell / December 27, 2006 3:04 AM PST
In reply to: What is the source?

Thank you for getting back with me. I would like to download some of my DVD's as well as download from sources on the internet. I am confused as to what restrictions I may have, if any, for movie sources which will be compatible with my MP3 since it is not an ipod. Is this easy to sort out before I purchase movies or music from the various sites? Does the software that comes with my player take care of converting the downloads to the proper format/s?

Thanks again for your help.

Collapse -
makes 2 of us
by litsfm / January 11, 2007 7:37 AM PST
In reply to: What is the source?

i do know that it needs to be a avi file for the player. as to page 6 well its not that easy! i only wish. i would like some help in this area as well. i have not been vary successfully at it either. good luck and i will let you know what i find out.

Collapse -
still waiting for solution
by pwaltos / February 5, 2007 10:24 PM PST
In reply to: makes 2 of us

I too have a creative zen, vision M and would like to know the steps to downloading both movies I alreay have purchased in DVD format and movies that I want to purchase and download from the internet. HELP!

Collapse -
A few resources for you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 5, 2007 10:45 PM PST

Look up these on google.com

2. HANDBRAKE for Windows

Sorry, I don't duplicate or write tutorials that are already out there.

Collapse -
Choices for legal video content
by ktreb / February 5, 2007 10:54 PM PST

Cinema Now and Amazon Unbox. I don't know how good these services are, but as far as I know, these are your choices for legal content right now. (Aside from iTunes, which only work with iPods) As far as getting your purchased dvds on, that's a bit dicey because almost all LEGAL software that allows you to convert dvds won't let you do your purchased ones. Why? Because these dvds incorporate DRM and it is illegal to break it, which you would have to do in order to convert them. Not to say that such software doesn't exist. It does, but any mention of specifics will probably get this thread locked since it is a violation of forum policies.

Collapse -
thank you both!
by pwaltos / February 5, 2007 11:04 PM PST

I've got some reading to do now....thank you both for prompt responses! I'll let you know how it turns out

Collapse -
Download Movies to Mp3 Player
by steveisbest / July 28, 2009 10:46 PM PDT

first know the video format that your MP3 player supports. Then try looking for sites available in google that provides direct download to your mp3 player. Also you can first upload your movie to your pc then using software convert the movie into compatible format for ur mp3 player. I think its the easiest way to do so. There are so many sites for downloading movies. like:

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.