Windows 7 forum

General discussion

How can I burn a dvd with subtitles from a movie on windows7

by ema609 / September 12, 2011 4:37 AM PDT

I need baby baby steps and free programs to burn a few movies on dvd with english subtitles included from movies I downloaded from the net on windows 7 from someone who has done this and has patience because I have a problem with directions.
Thank you Ema

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: How can I burn a dvd with subtitles from a movie on windows7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: How can I burn a dvd with subtitles from a movie on windows7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: burning movies
by Kees_B Forum moderator / September 12, 2011 4:48 AM PDT

Sorry, no help here with handling pirated copies. In our experience most movie downloads aren't legal.

Kees

Collapse -
Try DVD Flick
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 12, 2011 4:51 AM PDT

The program should allow you to use the movie file and the appropriate subtitle file and burn them together as one DVD.

http://www.dvdflick.net/index.php

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
dvd flick ans
by ema609 / September 12, 2011 9:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Try DVD Flick

Thank you can you please tell me what to click on if its not to much problem . I downloaded Dvd flick and I dont want to mess up burning the Dvd. I now watch the movie on vlc on the pc and right click on the screen and can get the subtitles that way. I want to make sure the subtitles get on the DVD. Unless someone tells me click this or click that I get lost in the directions from links.
Thanks so much for helping me
Ema

Collapse -
Sorry but that is in the directions.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 12, 2011 9:48 AM PDT
In reply to: dvd flick ans
Collapse -
Free Stuff Doesn't Include Support
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 12, 2011 10:04 AM PDT
In reply to: dvd flick ans

It's why they're free.. Being able to read the instructions on the website and then figure out the "ins an outs" of a free program should get you what you want.

But if you've Nero already, why not do it with that?

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Grif
by ema609 / September 12, 2011 12:19 PM PDT

Anyway thanks Grif for tying to help me. I used to know how to work Nero 6 but Nero 10 is out of my league.
EMa

Collapse -
Never had to do that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 12, 2011 5:30 AM PDT

My video player accepts files on the USB stick and I'm done.

Why burn media today?
Bob

Collapse -
If you have a problem with directions
by Steven Haninger / September 12, 2011 6:46 AM PDT

you're going to have even more difficulty learning through forums. The desire for free stuff is a real problem. I'd have to try to steer you to something like "Adobe Premier Elements" in that the on-line video tutorials are quite good. The program, itself, can be turn you into a raving maniac until you start to get the hang of it. But, you can enter the titles and sub-titles as you wish. Their "Elements" version isn't that expensive It is a trimmed down package of a high end offering that's not affordable by the common man and complicated enough make your hair look like that of Albert Einstein..but leave your brain in a muddle. Good luck.

Collapse -
directions
by ema609 / September 12, 2011 9:37 AM PDT

I have Nero 10 which is not free. But I prefer the free simple programs if someone will tell me click this or click that. I just dont get the tutorials or directions. I have some pretty bright genes but not when it comes to directions unless I have a translator
Thanks Ema

Collapse -
Not going to work the way you want using forum advice
by Steven Haninger / September 12, 2011 7:40 PM PDT
In reply to: directions

If you insist on free programs, admit to having difficulty reading and following directions, I can only suggest that you would be better off one-on-one with a tutor. No one here can tell you what and where to click unless they are in front of your screen with you. Personally, I've found learning to be best when I've beaten my head against something until I can figure it out myself. I remember stuff better that way. If someone gives me the answers, I soon forget them. I really don't think you're going to find all that you're asking for in a free program that offers no support other than written instructions. Pay for a better one that offers on line tutorials or find someone to sit with you and work this out together. Good luck.

Collapse -
Bob
by ema609 / September 12, 2011 12:20 PM PDT

Thank you anway
Ema

Collapse -
Help
by ema609 / September 13, 2011 1:51 AM PDT

I want to thank you all anyway for trying . I dont mean to be rude but I thought I made my self very clear when I asked exactly for someone who had done this and knows how to, and for baby steps because I have a problem with directions. I get pirate answers and questions why I dont use usb stick and lectures. I guess I am not the only person in here that has a problem with directions, since all my answers came from people who dont know how to burn a movie with subtitles.
I am sure you all mean well so thank you but why answer if you dont know
Be well all
EMa

Collapse -
The link I noted has pictures and steps.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 5:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Help

Sorry to read that's not good enough. I read that page and came away feeling anything I wrote would pale in comparison.
Bob

Collapse -
Directions
by ema609 / September 13, 2011 9:14 AM PDT

They are wonderful and easy directions and I tried the best I could but I can not follow them there was to much to read. Maybe if I make it clearer you will understand as far as Reading and understanding directions I am dumb stupid and a moron. Maybe that will help you understand why after following them several times I could not burn the dvd.
I find painting pictures and selling them very easy. If I gave you directions to make a landscape maybe you too would find it easy maybe not. If You dont understand this maybe I am just to stupid to explain myself any clearer
Be well
Ema

Collapse -
Try this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 13, 2011 9:18 AM PDT
In reply to: Directions

I'm sure you have folk that help you where you are. Try having them show you first hand.

Sorry but if I wrote the instructions, it would be the same as there. It's a great free program!
Bob

Collapse -
How can I burn a dvd with subtitles from a movie on windows7
by pt-7 / September 17, 2013 11:57 PM PDT

Hi just stumbled on your query and like to help you out. I too had difficulty in this (and still groping around) but found DVD Flick very straight forward. Load the movie in a folder (on desktop can be found easily) and subtitles in same. To make matters easy give the subs same title as main movie. Then DVD Flick will load them automatically.
Open DVD Flick, drag the movie into it and that's that.
Clk 'Project settings" and fill in. Clk 'Accept' and 'Burn DVD'
Hope this helps.
PS When in doubt I use DVD RW which can be re used.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech Tip

Stuck without Internet and want to watch movies?

CNET shows you how to download movies and TV shows onto your device using Amazon Prime so you'll always be entertained.