Samsung

General discussion

Horizontal Lines Samsung PN50C6400 plasma

by 442scotty / November 24, 2012 12:34 AM PST

In April this year, 4 months after the one year warrantly expired, My TV got a horizontal line at the bottom of the screen. I called the service centre in my area after reading about issues on this site and they explained that no extended warranty was available. I figured I could live with one line if I had to.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when more lines started showing up. I checked again on this site and found a lot more people with the same problem. Contacted Samsung and received a file #3101205947. Had to escalate it to ECR. They offered me a 6 month extended warranty after knowing mine was past that saying that was the best they could do.

From reading on this site it appears that others have received help well past 6 months.

I am not giving up on this. I work at Toyota and they strive to be the best. They also make it right when it comes to defective parts even well after the warranty expires.

I bought Samsung because they are the best and strive to be the best. My home is full of their products. To be the best you have do the right thing. The horizontal line problem is a defective part that barely lasts past the warranty period. My understanding is that it is not a Samsung part that is the problem and so the supplier is probably covering the part as required.

I have never had a TV that doesnt go at least 10 years. I have another older samsung 50" plasma that is now about 8 years old and still going strong.

I believe that they will make this right...it just sucks that we should have to go begging and complaining to get this done. If they do not fix it this will be the last Samsung product I will ever buy.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Horizontal Lines Samsung PN50C6400 plasma
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Horizontal Lines Samsung PN50C6400 plasma
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Horizontal Lines Samsung PN50C6400 plasma
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 26, 2012 5:20 AM PST

Hi 442scotty,

I'm sorry to hear what has happened. I thought I'd look into this to see if there's anything I can do. I tried looking up that transaction number. Unfortunately, the CRM didn't believe that was a transaction number that had been used. Do you mind double checking it?

HD Tech

Collapse -
tracking number
by 442scotty / November 27, 2012 8:31 PM PST

Thats the number I was given read it back and wrote it down 3101205947

Collapse -
Re: tracking number
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 28, 2012 12:42 AM PST
In reply to: tracking number
Collapse -
tracking number
by 442scotty / November 28, 2012 10:30 AM PST
In reply to: Re: tracking number

This is very disheartening and depressing....I went to the facebook page and there is no support form there anymore...I will phone Samsung again tomorrow and ask for the tracking number again Sad

Collapse -
Re: tracking number
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 28, 2012 11:47 PM PST
In reply to: tracking number

Hi 442scotty,

Please check again. It's been renamed to 'Ask Samsung' recently, so that's probably why you're confused.

HD Tech

Collapse -
tracking number
by 442scotty / December 4, 2012 10:19 AM PST
In reply to: Re: tracking number

Got it this time and message sent. Thanks...I have a samsung repairman coming out on the 14 Dec to check the TV out and give us an estimate as well..

Don

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.