Car Tech forum

General discussion

Honda Pilot Auxilary jack

by Urenna / March 24, 2006 9:23 AM PST

Hi!

I have a 2006 Honda Pilot AWD w/ NAV. I wanted to have an AUX input to connect my MP3 player to the car's audio system. There is an "AUX" selection on the panel. but i need to take the jack out. The dealer told me that there is a jack for the AUX, but it is behind the panel, and i needed to take it out, route it under the center console and bring it out in the center console storage compartment. He also advised me to get it done outside cheaper.

Does anyone know how to do that? or if there really is a wired jack behind the dash, or i have to install that also? I have contacted many shops, but they don't know about this.

Thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Honda Pilot Auxilary jack
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Honda Pilot Auxilary jack
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re: Honda Pilot Auxilary jack
by wcunning CNET staff / March 30, 2006 3:27 AM PST

First, you will need to pull out the stereo. On the Pilot, the stereo is in the center stack, below the navigation screen. Car Stereo Help has an excellent database of stereo removal instructions (http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremoval.htm), with a specific page for the Honda Pilot(http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereoremovalHondaPilot.htm). If you can, just pull the stereo out far enough so you can see its back panel, without unplugging any of the existing wires. There should be either RCA jacks or another type of unused plug for an auxiliary input. You will need a 3-foot cable that fits that plug, with the other end terminating in a 1/8-inch stereo audio plug. Hook the cable up to the stereo, and feed the other end down into the center stack. Find a spot where the cable can be fed through to the car's cabin. Run it under the carpets to the center console, the look for a convenient gap to run it up into the console's storage compartment. Replace the stereo, and your Honda Pilot should be set for any MP3 player.

Collapse -
Can't wait to check it out.
by Urenna / March 30, 2006 5:25 AM PST

Thanks for the info! can't wait to try this out....

Collapse -
Did it worked?
by pprash / August 20, 2006 11:52 PM PDT

Hi,

I too have newly purchased Honda Pilot with RES and I need the AUX connector to connect my MP3 player.

Did the trick mentioned worked for you?

Please respond at your earliest.

Collapse -
You need additional device.
by shadesofcerulean / September 12, 2006 5:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Did it worked?

AUX/XM connection is for additional device. That does not come with stnad. connectors for that you need to buy http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/USA-Spec-Honda-Compatible-Dual-Auxiliary-Input-DFHON/sem/rpsm/oid/118955/catOid/-13100/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
called DFHON (USA Spec Honda-Compatible Dual Auxiliary Input) it comes with 3Ft cable which need to be taken out from glove box. That gives 2 inputs which can be switched using CD changing button after putting it to AUX. I am also truggling to open my new Pilot Happy but as per reviews this device gives lot of difference over FM transmitter.

-Nil

Collapse -
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L w/RES
by binu81 / February 16, 2008 10:06 AM PST

Hi,

I would like to purchase 2008 Honda Pilot with RES and I need the AUX connector to connect my MP3 player. And/or replace the factory radio and install a GPS Nav/dvd /mp3 player (Pioneer AVIC-D3 GPS In-Dash Navigation System and DVD Multimedia A/V Receiver)

when I replaced the factory radio (HU) still my Rear entertainment system work properly? I mean can I get sound thru all speakers and the attached remote still working with new Head Unit??

Thank you for your time to read my request
Please respond at your earliest.

Collapse -
2006 Honda Pilot Aux Plug
by butlerke71 / July 7, 2011 3:07 AM PDT

Hi Urenna Happy

I just purchased a 2006 Pilot as well, and I'm also looking for the Aux plug! Were you able to connect to the plug w/ the information that wcunning gave??

Please let me know...I'm super eager to give it a try! Grin

Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.