Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Home protection advice from the VP

by Steven Haninger / February 19, 2013 9:58 PM PST
Biden-get a DB 12 gauge shotgun and fire it from the balcony if you think there's a problem.

I'd think that following that advice in some neighborhoods would lead to a lot of very sleepless nights. Happy
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Home protection advice from the VP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Home protection advice from the VP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Gee, So if
by Glenda. / February 20, 2013 2:22 AM PST

we follow his 'wise' advice we will all be arrested for firing a weapon in the city limits! LMAO! What an idiot he is!

Collapse -
He lives in a rural area
by Josh K / February 20, 2013 2:30 AM PST
In reply to: Gee, So if

He was speaking of HIS balcony. He was also expressing the opinion that a shotgun makes for better home protection than an AR-15. That is the context in which he said that. You can disagree but he wasn't telling unarmed people in cities to go out and get shotguns.

Collapse -
Exactly right
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 2:41 AM PST

I twisted the heck out of it without even straining my wrist. See how easy it's done? Now, go out and see how often it's done. Wink

Collapse -
An example of twisting, Josh
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 2:52 AM PST
Catholic priest tweets about making parents weep for what they've done to their children

What!!! He's joking about the pedophilia scandal!?

No! He's talking about a college basketball team from Michigan State University as they're about to play the #1 team, Indiana. He's a rabid MSU fan and he's baiting his rivals. It's not a nice thing to do or say and I don't approve of it but this isn't a seminary school or even a Catholic school sports event. If this was just some random avid fan, it wouldn't even make the news but some reporter saw and opportunity here to stir up mud and twisted the headline. He probably didn't even strain his wrist either. Wink
Collapse -
If you put a ? at the end of your subject line
by JP Bill / February 20, 2013 3:08 AM PST

you could have twisted it even further.

Collapse -
Thanks for the tip
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 3:12 AM PST

Unfortunately, the subject line doesn't allow the characters I had in mind. Devil

Collapse -
I'm still gonna' miss him when he's gone
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 2:38 AM PST
In reply to: Gee, So if
Collapse -
Don't you love it?
by Glenda. / February 20, 2013 3:06 AM PST

If Cheney had said that they would have crawled all over him about it! LOL

Collapse -
At least Biden hasn't actually shot anyone
by Josh K / February 20, 2013 3:17 AM PST
In reply to: Don't you love it?

You asked for that one, Glenda. Wink

Collapse -
Of course they'd crawl all over him
by JP Bill / February 20, 2013 3:19 AM PST

They'd be wounded...they couldn't walk all over him.

Collapse -
You need to thank Glenda
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 3:20 AM PST

for that straight line.

Collapse -
They are
by Glenda. / February 20, 2013 4:55 AM PST

so very welcome Happy One thing you can always count on a come back when you mention Cheney LOL

Collapse -
That's why you mention Cheney
by JP Bill / February 20, 2013 4:57 AM PST
In reply to: They are

so "WE" will talk to you?

Collapse -
why are vp's always someone you'd never vote
by Roger NC / February 20, 2013 9:40 AM PST

for president but they were running with your vote for President?

Collapse -
by Glenda. / February 20, 2013 10:07 AM PST

Not my vote on this one:)

Collapse -
(NT) last several elections I've felt that way about both sides
by Roger NC / February 20, 2013 11:12 AM PST
In reply to: LOL
Collapse -
Selected deliberately?
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 5:57 PM PST

Would a president want his second in charge to upstage him?

Collapse -
selected normally for a reason other than second in line
by Roger NC / February 21, 2013 10:41 AM PST
In reply to: Selected deliberately?

selected to applease a fraction within the party

selected because can bring in campaign money

occasionally selected to for the opposite reason of the first, selected to try to appeal to those in the general election that don't vote party lines that aren't thrilled with the presidential candidate

I'd say those are the biggest reasons, I would guess the first two cover a huge majority of choices.

Collapse -
I guess they've applied
by JP Bill / February 20, 2013 3:12 AM PST

The more than 10 day rule before publishing a news story...I posted that "event" probably about 3 weeks ago.

Collapse -
I will say the "firing from the balcony" is new though
by JP Bill / February 20, 2013 3:13 AM PST

having a shotgun for home protection is an old statement from Biden.

Collapse -
Perhaps he's let on to what he has at the ready
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 3:19 AM PST

and a cunning crook would know what to bring to the fight. Of course the secret service guys might pose additional challenges.

Collapse -
Shakes head................wondering why Dr. Biden married..
by Tony Holmes / February 20, 2013 4:24 AM PST

such an idiot Grin

At first sign of a home invasion,grab your shotgun and fire two shots in the air....lol.

I already have a shotgun and that's the absolutely dumbest advice I've ever heard.The man is living in fantasy land and has obviously never had any training of any kind.

Sure Slappy,tell your wife to fire both barrels into the air,now she's out of ammo and defenseless.I can just see that little lady nervously breaking open the gun trying to reload to save her life.

I'm happy to say such a scenario would not happen in this house.The last thing an interloper would hear in this dark house is the "Clack,Clack" of me racking the slide on "Ole Painless",chambering the first of 9 rounds.

Collapse -
He should get his wife one of these
by Steven Haninger / February 20, 2013 4:57 AM PST
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.