Spyware, Viruses, & Security

Question

Hitmanpro

by lethal57 / January 16, 2013 5:42 PM PST

HI, This is a little left field potentially, however no other forum seemed as appropriate.
Due varying reasons including due to currency differences, I am looking to purhcase hitman pro 64, but not from the manufacturers/developers site. Cnet's help consultants have been of 'limited' help (this time), so i am hoping someone in the forum may have a pointer.
Looking forward to any valid suggestions

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hitmanpro
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hitmanpro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Why buy it at all?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 2:43 AM PST
In reply to: Hitmanpro

I only know of one reason today to buy it and it's a root kit that can't be removed by almost any other tool.

Outside of that reason, why buy it?
Bob

Collapse -
Hitmanpro
by lethal57 / January 17, 2013 1:32 PM PST
In reply to: Why buy it at all?

Hi Bob,

I had something called rc overture, that every other spyware and av known for microsoft answers team (about 6 in all) couldnt remove or only removed part of (being super anti spyware...remove part).
The bug was making IE on-responsive.

I regularly run and have malwareytes free, stinger, nortons internet security. None of the guarded or removed it.

My pc guys suggested it would be good back up (and as it solved the issue, I thought why not)

Are you able to suggest seomthing else as good, or do you know of a reseller for hitman pro 64?

cheers

lethal57

Collapse -
Sorry no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2013 1:37 PM PST
In reply to: Hitmanpro

I buy in country for many reasons. But as to guarding against it, the root kit I know of was not guarded against by any tool at the time. To make matters worse, folk had to install it. So as long as we have a PC (personal computer) that allows folk to install software, we will have this issue.

I've seen folk think that some protection will help, but we remain the best protection.
Bob

Collapse -
indeed
by lethal57 / January 17, 2013 8:04 PM PST
In reply to: Sorry no.

Quite right. But has to live and this means at time using and trusting other sources.

If anyone else knows of a reseller, t'would be much appreciated

lethal57

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.