How To forum

Question

Highlighting in OE

by WILKAN / December 5, 2012 2:40 AM PST

I wanted to highlight some words in an e-mail message, but couldn't find where to get that feature. Does anybody know how? My OS is Windows XP and I'm using Outlook Express.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Highlighting in OE
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Highlighting in OE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
It doesn't do that!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2012 3:13 AM PST
In reply to: Highlighting in OE

If the message is PLAIN TEXT you can not highlight. That's not a bug.
Bob

Collapse -
It doesn't do that
by WILKAN / December 5, 2012 4:52 AM PST
In reply to: It doesn't do that!

Can't do it on HTML either, but my brother can do it on his. His OS is Windows 7, maybe that is the difference.
Willy

Collapse -
There's no OE in Windows 7
by wpgwpg / December 5, 2012 5:00 AM PST
In reply to: It doesn't do that

You can download Windows Live Mail and use it in XP if you don't like OE. It's a free download from the MS web site.

Good luck.

Collapse -
There's no OE in Windows 7
by WILKAN / December 5, 2012 6:34 AM PST

I'm thinking of trying WLM, but I'm worried about what happens to OE if I do and I don't like it. What about my contact list and other stuff I have on OE?

Collapse -
Cue Monty Python recording.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2012 6:40 AM PST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ

Be sure to backup and export what you can't lose in OE before you do this. Also a big nod to Thunderbird. After all my run-ins and folks bringing me Live issues I can't suggest it. Folk that used OE tend to slide into using Thunderbird easily.
Bob
Collapse -
Cue Monty Python recording
by WILKAN / December 6, 2012 1:10 AM PST

Thanks, Bob
Willy

Collapse -
We'll have to see what they are using.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2012 5:05 AM PST
In reply to: It doesn't do that

OE is not on 7 without so much work that we expect those that accomplished such to be Uber-Guru's.

Tell more. For example I had this person trying to make text bold in a received email. Again, that is no bug.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.