Headphones & Mp3 Players

General discussion

high quilty player

by roccosperanza / March 12, 2007 11:36 AM PDT

What would you say would be the best sounding music player out on the market?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: high quilty player
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: high quilty player
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Creative or Cowon..
by g_harikrishnan / March 13, 2007 7:43 AM PDT
In reply to: high quilty player
Collapse -
Nice find
by Osa007 / March 15, 2007 6:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Creative or Cowon..

That was a nice find, but I bet if the was out before that link was posted it probably would have been on top. The Zune is probably the best sounding MP3 player in the market today and the the number thing tech experts rave or at least say a good thing about the Zune. It sounds superior to the Ipod and does not have low frequency distortion unlike some MP3 players like the Ipod.

Collapse -
Cowon or Creative
by alext / March 16, 2007 4:33 AM PDT
In reply to: Nice find

The best possible sound will be with an external headphone amp, from the line out socket of the player. This gets expensive though and eats batteries, and most people don't want to carry an extra device round with them.

For the best sound from a single player if would go for:

Hard disk player
- Cowon X5
- Creative Zen Vision:M

Flash Players
- Cowon D2
- Cowon U3

Collapse -
DELL 15GB + IPOD Nano 2-Gb
by castingRod47 / March 16, 2007 5:54 AM PDT
In reply to: high quilty player

Are my choices..the DELL seems to need a Re-install of the music Files to keep the superior sound going..like about once per year I do that..
The iPOD Nano is a new one..I like the small compact style..and its also a JPG-file/and other MODES also..
I like the SONY headphones for really good sound..they cost about $$20.00 or the KOSS style Headphones for about the same price..others don't seem to really do well..those EARbuds are impossible..I stopped trying to use them..
I also have a SONY Atrac portable Optical player that can play MP3 or the SONY compression software that come with it can put 500-songs on a single CD..I usually BURN about 350-songs to a CD..really nice software..
SONY..NE510..CDR/RW..Atrac3PLUS..MP3 CD-Walkman..
and its a excellent playback player..cost me $$60.00 at CircuitCITY..
once you get a Master File made(which)actually deletes the exact SONG-Title/so your left with just a bunch of numbered tracks..
This works if you use your CD-collection..because the Original Title Track is in your Library..for reference.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.