Download.com Site Feedback forum

General discussion

Hiding apps

by Big Kid / April 23, 2011 10:43 PM PDT

I just signed up for techTracker Plus and the "Expand all info & settings" or the "Info & settings" doesn't work when I click on them to hide apps. It worked once and hasn't worked since. I'm using an iMac 2 Gh Intel Core 2 Duo, OS 10.6.7, with 2 GB of Ram. I trashed Tectracker Plus 3 times and reinstalled it to no avail. I even ran DiskWarrior but this didn't help either.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hiding apps
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hiding apps
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I am experiencing the same...
by John.Wilkinson / April 24, 2011 7:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Hiding apps

It is actually a problem with the website, not your computer or the TechTracker software, which means it is affecting everyone but is something that they can fix without you needing to reinstall anything. I will send them an alert now...hopefully they can get it fixed tomorrow.

Thanks.
John

Collapse -
Same Problem Here, Too!
by xphylz / April 24, 2011 9:26 PM PDT

I'm experiencing the same problem here, too! It worked fine up until a few days ago. Hopefully, they'll fix the web site soon.

Collapse -
This was fixed earlier today...
by John.Wilkinson / April 25, 2011 1:13 PM PDT

It is working for me again; please post back if it is still an issue for you.

John

Collapse -
Hiding apps
by Big Kid / April 25, 2011 9:16 PM PDT

It still won't work! The feedback link doesn't work either!

Collapse -
Try this...
by John.Wilkinson / April 25, 2011 10:16 PM PDT

While visiting the TechTracker page, hold down the Shift key and click the Refresh button. Sometimes a browser will store an older copy of a webpage instead of downloading the latest version, so Shift + refresh is occasionally necessary.

John

Collapse -
Try this
by Big Kid / April 26, 2011 1:50 AM PDT
In reply to: Try this...

Thanks john! It seems to be working now! One more thing. Now that I have expanded the info and settings. How do I close them all as a batch. I can close them one by one, but I want to close them all at once.

Collapse -
In the charcoal grey box...
by John.Wilkinson / April 26, 2011 11:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Try this

Click the 'expand all' button and then click it again once it becomes the 'close all' button.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
Button disappearing
by Big Kid / April 26, 2011 9:21 PM PDT

After I clicked the "expand all" button, instead of it changing to the "close all" button, it would disappear. After closing the app 3 times, and scanning for software updates, the "close all" button stopped disappearing. Everything is working as it should now. Thanks again John for your help.

Collapse -
It's Working Fine Now!
by xphylz / April 25, 2011 10:06 PM PDT

It seems to be working fine now. Thanks!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.