Windows Vista

General discussion

HELP WITH WINDOWS VISTA AND ADOBE FLASH PLAYER

by schighway101 / March 20, 2007 12:15 AM PDT

Can't run flash player with Windows Vista Home Premium. Adobe download site says its installed, is is not. I have tried everything re-downloading,nope, re-installing nope, disabling pop-up stopper, Norton Interent Security and Virus, nope, system restore no go even in safe mode. I'm out of ideas need help if you can, thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP WITH WINDOWS VISTA AND ADOBE FLASH PLAYER
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP WITH WINDOWS VISTA AND ADOBE FLASH PLAYER
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same problem!
by mopscare42 / March 20, 2007 1:24 AM PDT

I too have that problem with Vista Home Premium and flash player.
I have done everything that Adobe suggest to do on their support website and still can't get it to install right.
I have done all the steps that you have and just can't get it to work. It says it downloaded OK, but it didn't.

Collapse -
Adobe Flash Install fix
by bjs1872 / March 29, 2007 12:13 PM PDT
In reply to: Same problem!
Collapse -
adobe flash player
by manueldeep / November 13, 2007 2:51 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem!

Hi need help with windows vista cant get my adobe flash player to work

Collapse -
Flash player disappears after each re-boot
by sussexwolf / November 14, 2007 7:43 PM PST
In reply to: adobe flash player

I am running Vista X64 on my pc and am having problems running Flash Player. Every day when I start up the player has either gone or is not recognised by the system.

I run the uninstaller and then install from the Adobe site (http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash) and it all works ok - until tomorrow.

I tried the uninstall / install method suggested back in March in this forum, but no luck. It appears to install ok but is not there when wanted.

I have a laptop running Vista (32bit) and that works ok. I have checked the IE settings and they are the same on both pc's.

Is this yet anothet quirk with X64?

Collapse -
"Vista X64" appears to be a world on it's own.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2007 1:25 AM PST

I'll write yes.

Collapse -
ANYONE???
by tyrs55 / March 20, 2007 1:03 PM PDT

It will not work with the VISTA ULTIMATE upgrade either???
WHAT'S THE FIX???

Collapse -
Help With Windows Visat
by schighway101 / March 20, 2007 8:46 PM PDT
In reply to: ANYONE???

Please if you and the poster above don't know, please don't repeat the question. this is almost a dead threat apparently, Adobe needs to come up with a patch your idea and problem is the same as mine. If I didn't know I wouldn't be asking. We all don't nedd to repeat the same question IMHO.

Collapse -
Much apreciated.
by tyrs55 / April 23, 2007 2:47 PM PDT

Thanks for your help. I only wanted it to be known that with the
ULTIMATE UPGRADE the problem also existed. This is somewhat different than the HOME you reported.

Collapse -
windows vista bs
by emeliz / September 30, 2007 4:12 PM PDT

yes the same here this window svista just slows down alot of stuff i should have xp i need 2 down load the flash player 10 and no luck in this department

Collapse -
Flash Player 10 Or Shockwave 10
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 1, 2007 8:06 AM PDT
In reply to: windows vista bs
Collapse -
ok i made a mistake lol
by emeliz / October 1, 2007 2:43 PM PDT

yes you are right not flash player 10

Collapse -
omg please help me
by emeliz / October 1, 2007 2:54 PM PDT
In reply to: windows vista bs

ok thanks so much grif for your help but it still didnt work with the instructions that you gave me it said error could not load dll library yada yada yada but anymore suggestions

Collapse -
Tried The Same Procedure With UAC Disabled?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / October 3, 2007 2:37 AM PDT
In reply to: omg please help me

Also, make sure that you're performing the install as an admin user. (Log in as an admin user, then after downloading the flash standalone installer, RIGHT click on the installer file, choose "run as administrator".)

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Vista 64 & flash player 10
by selcat / March 10, 2009 12:10 AM PDT
In reply to: This should help you

I have a Dell desktop XPS 420 & I followed these instructions, rebooted and still get the "download flash player to view" error message. I know someone suggested foxit when I could not get adobe reader working, any suggestions to either an alternative flash player or how to fix this?

Collapse -
I had the same problem.
by radtaz2002 / March 22, 2007 1:02 PM PDT

I had the same problem heres what I did, I went to adobe's website uninstalled the flash player and reninstaled it. I had to do it a couple of times but now it works great. Let me know if this works for you.

Message was edited by: admin to remove e-mail address

Collapse -
Adobe Flash Player for Vista
by studiotropico / September 18, 2007 12:26 PM PDT

I have tried at least 9 ways to install the Flash Player. It simply won't work with Vista or my HP Slimline computer. I am a resonably knowledgeable user of computers and I have found that despite the hype and the appearance of Vista it is the worst operating system to date and has actually slowed down most of the things I use a computer for. Clunky, crashy, and intrusive. Not much fun! I much prefer XP.

Collapse -
Tried This??
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / September 19, 2007 4:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
what worked for me
by kat.poylio / November 19, 2007 11:54 AM PST

I had to go to the internet security center on my comp and add the web site to my list of trusted sites in order to get my adobe flash and shockwave players working. Unfortunately, I have to do this for each site I visit that is running adobe. Hope that helps.

Collapse -
same player problem with Vista
by bluarcher_2009 / April 26, 2009 6:54 AM PDT

Anyone find a workable solution yet? I've tried everything that's been mentioned up to now (Vista Home Premium with Flash Player ver. 9, 10, installing the helper file, running as Admin, etc. keep us informed, please. Happy

Collapse -
And You've Tried This?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / April 27, 2009 8:22 AM PDT

Remember, you can only have one version of Flash on the computer.. You can't have "Flash Player ver. 9, 10," as you've mentioned.. So...

Please try the steps below to uninstall, then reinstall the newest version of Flash Player:

Try using the newest Flash Player 10.0.22.87 version.

First, uninstall Flash by using the Flash Uninstaller at the link below..

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157

After that's done, then download the manual Flash player installer from the link below.. Download it to your desktop and Run it to install the newest Flash for Internet Explorer.

http://www.softwarepatch.com/internet/flash.html

Once that's done, if you're also using Firefox, visit the site below while in Firefox, then download and run the Flash plugin installer

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&%3BLang=French&%3BP5_Language=French

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
info from another forum...
by bluarcher_2009 / April 28, 2009 3:42 AM PDT
In reply to: And You've Tried This?

interesting info here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/thread/1f93f4dc-3371-4289-84ba-bca01f01e4e4

The entry from jan8t further down that page with the Adobe link from the rep. yields partial success with the appearance of the Flash Player Installation Wizard, but further in to the install there is an "error 1721" message that has something to do with the Windows installer. If there was a workaround for that, it would probably install. Oh well, the search continues...

Collapse -
the Adobe Flash Player/Vista conflict
by bluarcher_2009 / May 26, 2009 6:20 PM PDT

A question and a comment regarding the ongoing Adobe Flash Player/Vista conflicts: (1.) I downloaded Mozilla Firefox and Flash Player worked instantly on the music web site that I had so much trouble accessing with Flash Player/I.E. 7 or 8. and (2.) I'm wondering if the 348mb download of Service Pack 2 for Vista has addressed the Flash Player conflict? I haven't downloaded it yet, but most likely will soon. Any new info appreciated. blu

Collapse -
flash player
by pennj / June 21, 2011 3:37 PM PDT

I had the very same problem. Be sure to do all checks that have been recommended and then download google chrome and use as your browser. flash player works perfect. I believe it works with firefox also.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.