Phones

General discussion

help with unlock blackjack II on ATT

by esptuning / February 8, 2008 12:49 PM PST

I got the unlock code from ATT, but each time I put in the unlock code, it doesn't work.

the instructions ATT sent me was for the Blackjack 1, the original one. they said they don't have instructions for the 2 yet.

Power off device and remove the SIM card
2Power on the handset
3Enter: # 7 4 6 5 6 2 5 * 6 3 8 * unlock code #

the screen changes to enter network key after i enter the second *

i put in the 8 digit unlock code, and click ok and it says invalid. any suggestions?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: help with unlock blackjack II on ATT
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: help with unlock blackjack II on ATT
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
suggestion
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 8, 2008 1:34 PM PST

Check out Samsung's website for tips. You can probably send an email to them directly. Normally all you need to do is insert the T-mobile SIM and when prompted, enter the unlock code.

Collapse -
i'll try i tout
by esptuning / February 8, 2008 4:16 PM PST
In reply to: suggestion

hopefully by tomorow!

Collapse -
that was silly
by esptuning / February 9, 2008 3:21 AM PST
In reply to: suggestion

now why didn't att just say that? so much easier and worked right away. thanks dood

Collapse -
SIM unlock
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 9, 2008 3:39 AM PST
In reply to: that was silly

The only reason is that some phones actually require a sequence of steps to unlock the device. I have no idea why the instructions for the BJ II aren't available to them but glad to know it worked for you.

Collapse -
unlock ode problem
by jscheff250 / February 28, 2008 10:24 AM PST
In reply to: that was silly

Hi, I am having the same problem with my samsung phone and unlock code from at&t that you posted about. What did you find to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Collapse -
look at birdmantd's sugestion
by esptuning / February 28, 2008 2:15 PM PST
In reply to: unlock ode problem

put in the t mobile sim card (or any sim card besides att) and it'll say not recognized. now type in the code and click ok. your phone has now been unlocked

Collapse -
locked sim card
by jscheff250 / February 29, 2008 4:25 AM PST

My son was messing around with the settings on his blackjack and it appears he locked the sim card but said he did not enter a pin. We have gone through all the steps mentioned in this string and it unlocks but when we put the sim card back in it asks for an unlock code. So it seems the phone is looking for a pin.

Collapse -
Sim problem
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 29, 2008 9:31 AM PST
In reply to: locked sim card

What the phone is asking for is a PUK code. It is not in your phone manual so don't attempt to keep randomly entering #'s or your SIM will lock up permanently and need to be replaced. Call your provider from another phone to get the code, or if you use At&t you can get the PUK from your online account manager.

Collapse -
Not the PUK code
by jscheff250 / March 2, 2008 2:22 AM PST
In reply to: Sim problem

Thanks for your help. We ended up going to the AT&T store where they were able to overwrite the PIN.

Collapse -
unlocking mobiles
by happyippo / May 28, 2008 5:42 AM PDT

i ahd the correct codes etc.. it still doesnt work the phone os t mobile i want to use it as 02!! so i put the 02 sim in and enter code once done it omes emergency calls only! back to square one nothing works any ideas?

Collapse -
HELP
by oksana979 / February 19, 2008 5:49 AM PST

i just got blackjack II and i can not get it unlocked... i tried calling everywhere, they wont give me the code... please please help!!!

Collapse -
who is your provider
by esptuning / February 19, 2008 5:53 AM PST
In reply to: HELP

if you have att, tell them you are going to be travelling throughout asia and through europe. they're usually pretty good if you've been with them for a while.

Collapse -
My phone
by cedric.griffin / September 20, 2008 1:11 AM PDT
In reply to: who is your provider

Hi, i was wondering if you could give me the code to unlock my blackjackII?

Collapse -
unlock
by birdmantd Forum moderator / September 20, 2008 2:19 AM PDT
In reply to: My phone

Call At&t cust svc for help.

Collapse -
also
by esptuning / February 19, 2008 5:56 AM PST
In reply to: HELP

if it's still no go, you can bring it to a phone shop. they can usually do it for 15-20 bucks

Collapse -
Unlock Code Instructions
by swtrainer / March 10, 2008 7:25 AM PDT

Just found a thread on AT&T about unlocking the BJ II. It says that the problem with the instructions you were sent is that one of the steps says that you should remove the SIM card.

The post says that that is the error - follow the instructions exactly as they are BUT DON'T REMOVE THE SIM CARD.

Here's the exact post:

I just had an issue with using an AT&T provided (via international customer support) subsidy unlock code on the BJ2. The intructions provided via email or over the phone tell you to remove the SIM card and follow the instructions. This does NOT work, and results in a SIM Failure message. After about an hour on the phone through AT&T and then into Samsung technical support level 2, I found out that the instructions should be followed as provided, but with the AT&T SIM installed. The tech support person at Samsung says that he has asked AT&T to change the instructions a number of times, but it appears that they have not been changed. He said that sometimes it just takes a while to get through the system.

Collapse -
Blackjack 2 Unlock instructions
by SAPPER_132 / March 11, 2008 8:42 PM PDT

Heres how you do it:

Here are the correct instructions that worked for me!

1. Power off the Phone
2. Remove the SIM Card
3. Power on the Phone
4. Enter #7465625*638*
5. Enter Network Control Key (8 digits Unlock Code received from Cingular)
6. Press "OK" Softkey (not the Send or OK hard key)
7. Successfully unlock Network Status
8. Power off the Phone
9. Reinsert SIM Card

Collapse -
blackjack 2 sgh-i617
by thorn00 / May 1, 2008 10:28 AM PDT

how do i obtain a Network Control Key??
i tried calling cingular and samsung and neither of the two were able to help.
Please help!!

Collapse -
black jack 2?
by parrotkid / July 11, 2008 2:50 PM PDT

just wondering which key is the ok soft key?

Collapse -
I need the unlock code for blackjack II
by davecalleja / March 17, 2008 1:32 PM PDT

I see on the forum how to unlock the blackjack II but I can't seem to get the code anywhere. Can you help me out and tell me where I can get it.
Thanks, Dave

Collapse -
unlock code
by birdmantd Forum moderator / March 17, 2008 8:36 PM PDT

Call customer service and request the unlock code. It can take a few days at most but there is no charge. If you are in a hurry, several companies offer to unlock your device remotely for a fee online.

Collapse -
Unlock the Blackjack II
by rapheek / May 10, 2008 3:39 AM PDT

Hi,

I got my Blackjack II yesterday (Friday 9th) from AT&T and I had it unlocked by their International Customer Care (their phone # 1-800-331-0500). I just told them that I will travel to europe and they gave me the code and the instructions. One thing, if you get the instructions and if they say to remove the SIM card, do not remove it. I tried to unlock mine with the SIM card off (his instructions) and I had this message 3 times "SIM Failure Error Happened). I did a search on google about that error message and found the answer on AT&T forum. The code MUST be entered with the SIM card installed. Samsung already told them to change the instructions, but they have not been changed. I'm lucky to get the code the first day of the purchase, otherwise I'll have to wait 60 days.

Hope this helped.

Collapse -
can't type to put in the unlock code!
by gigoypotpot / June 17, 2008 5:48 AM PDT

hello all,

i got my BJ II today and I'm trying to put in the first part of the unlock code and i can't type! i keep on pressing the numbers and symbols but nothing comes up! i literally cannot type. help me please! thanks.

Collapse -
Put unlock key
by rapheek / June 17, 2008 10:48 PM PDT

Hi,

I had the same problem when I tried to unlock mine. I figured that out later. When you look at the upper right corner of the phone, next to the signal bars, you'll see abc (lower case). To enter numbers, you have to change that from letters to number by pressing FN key located under the letter A. Remember that every time, you have to press that key, it goes automatically back to abc. It doesn't stay on numbers.

Hope my answer is helpful.

Take care and let me know if it worked for ya.

Have a good one.

Collapse -
huge question
by trolly800 / June 26, 2008 2:51 PM PDT

i jus need to see my pic messaging i got the blackjack 2 unlocked but cannot recieve pics or send them do u think the code they gave u is the same that they would give me if soo would u mind giving me the code and steps just want to know thanks

Collapse -
blackjack
by parrotkid / July 11, 2008 2:51 PM PDT
In reply to: huge question

which key is the ok soft key?

Collapse -
NEED HELP
by parrotkid / July 12, 2008 1:49 PM PDT
In reply to: huge question

DOES THE HARD RESET ALSO UNLOCK THE PHONE TO USE ON ANY CARRIER?

Collapse -
No
by birdmantd Forum moderator / July 12, 2008 11:41 PM PDT
In reply to: NEED HELP

Afraid not.

Collapse -
blackjack
by raramos67 / September 15, 2008 10:35 AM PDT

can anyone use the same code or its a different code for each phone

Collapse -
Different for each handset (n/t)
by Pepe7 / September 16, 2008 5:19 AM PDT
In reply to: blackjack

n/t

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.