Headphones & Mp3 Players

General discussion

Help with MP3 player - change language from chinese

by angeleyes1802 / May 28, 2005 8:26 AM PDT

Hi I bought an MP3 player from ebay about 9 months ago. Unfortunately i have not kept records from who I bought it from and i have lost the information booklet.
I have somehow managed to change the language on it to chinese and have no idea how to change it back.

I have no idea what make it is - i have a picture if that is any help. All i have is a basic description:

6-in-1 128MB MP3 Player (MP3/WMA/REC) Digital MP3 player.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help with MP3 player - change language from chinese
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help with MP3 player - change language from chinese
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
unfortunately...............
by mko / May 28, 2005 12:26 PM PDT

you're going to have to go through everything by trial and error.

i had to do the same thing with my japan based toshiba gigabeat21. fortunately,,,,all it's settings are icon based, so all i had to do was explore the settings within the monkey wrench icon.

you'll have to be logical about your approach. most "settings" are not readily accessable. most players go directly to a song being played or a playlist of some sort. you have to push other buttons or maybe hold a button down for a few seconds before you access settings.

otherwise try this. go to my ebay and see if you can tweak any settings that will get you back to that purchase. or email ebay for help. of do a search for mp3 players or whatever you did, and see if the seller is stil selling. or maybe all the ebay purchase confirmations are still in your email. or if you used paypal, i think paypal goes all the way back.

as a last resort look for an mp3 review site(dap review, i4u) places that report on everything, and post a pic of your player.

Collapse -
Change language on MP3 player from Chinese
by Lesley62 / December 11, 2007 12:16 PM PST

Hi, I had the same problem. I bought an inexpensive MP3 player off E-bay and was not paying attention and somehow set the language to Chinese instead of English. I went into settings and went through all of the Chinese submenus until I found the one that said language and then reset it back to English. It took a little while, but it can be done, just be patient and go through them systematically one by one until you get to the right one.

I hope this helps.

Collapse -
Help with MP3 player /in foreign language
by ladanzerang / March 8, 2015 4:46 AM PDT

Hard to detect what language, the language may be Korean, Japanese, Chinese etc... To detect the language is currently on your device and convert back to English, here is what I did. I Used Google translate:
1. Open Google translate; 2. Type Settings ( on the right window click on chinese, then korean, japanese etc ...) and see which lettering/symbols matches the lettering under the setting logo on your device. Once you found a match, 3. Type Language and see what the text looks like in the other language, locate similar text on your device and click on it then 4. Go for English!!!! Hope this helps.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.