Samsung forum

General discussion

Help - weird samsung led picture problem driving me crazy!

by haos3 / April 1, 2010 4:36 AM PDT

Ok, so I got a new tv - samsung led series 7. Picture is really great when watching news, series/shows ... BUT, here's the catch - EVERYTHING looks like news / series / documentaries. And I mean everything! This is really becoming a problem, because movies do not look like movies - that is, they lack that 'movie quality' in the picture. The picture is way too sharp, so that all movies look like they were meant to be documentaries - and this is movies on tv, dvd, computer ... What should I do?

I have tried everything I could think of to change the settings - movie mode, standard, dynamic ... I've tried adjusting sharpness, contrast, etc.

Results - nothing! I am still doomed to watch constant 'documentaries. It's driving me crazy - you try watching The Hangover as a documentary, you'll see what I mean! HELP!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help - weird samsung led picture problem driving me crazy!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help - weird samsung led picture problem driving me crazy!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Help - weird samsung led picture problem driving me crazy!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 1, 2010 11:11 AM PDT

haos3,

It may have to do with how the movies are sent, if you're watching movies. You might try sending movies - if you have the option in your player - at 24fps, which is a film mode.

Additionally, try adjusting the AutoMotion Plus feature to see if that helps cut down. Some of the processing in AutoMotion Plus may smooth the picture, so turning it down - or off - may actually give you the "feel" of the picture you're looking for.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Game Mode
by bigspenders / April 3, 2010 6:09 AM PDT

Hi,

I encountered the same problems where all movies turned to be like watching a soap. I fiddled around the settings and there is an option to switch game mode on/off, turn on the game mode and it seems to be really better for me.

Regards
G

Collapse -
Game Mode
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / April 14, 2010 4:32 PM PDT
In reply to: Game Mode

bigspenders,

That's also a great idea.

Game Mode turns off additional processing that might cause a lag in gameplay, so it would make sense that it's worth trying.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thank you!
by haos3 / April 14, 2010 6:03 PM PDT
In reply to: Game Mode

A big thank you to everyone - I've been away, so I haven't had a chance to try your suggestions. As soon as I get back, I will let you know what worked!!

Thanks!

Collapse -
AutoMotion Plus
by tgreele1 / May 30, 2010 3:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Thank you!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that noticed this. It actually was driving me crazy since it's the only think I could concentrate on.

Anyway, I changed the AutoMotion Plus to CLEAR or OFF and definitely noticed an improvement over the 'soap opera' look of the picture.

Collapse -
Samsung documentary quality movie
by yats79 / November 26, 2010 12:20 PM PST

Hi,
Was anyone able to find out the solution for this?
It is really unbelievable that all the movies looks like documentary!!

Collapse -
automotion was it
by beerad2010 / December 14, 2010 1:31 PM PST

i changed the automotion feature in picture options and turned it off. it totally helped eliminate the documentarty / soap opera look.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.