Phones forum

Question

Help using a BLU D170A

by retired9352 / February 25, 2013 8:24 AM PST

I recently purchased a BLU D170A cell phone, I liked the specs on the phone but since this is my first android phone I need some help trying to figure it out since the users manual leaves a lot to be desired. Besides being printed in the smallest font known to man and smaller than a 3x5 card. I am looking for information on where to go to be able to get an explanation for using all its features. The company has not responded to several requests, and I have not found any others sites that are of assistance. I downloaded the manual from the BLU web site, the only thing it has going for it was that the print was legible.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help using a BLU D170A
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help using a BLU D170A
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Which version of Android does it use?
by Pepe7 / February 26, 2013 1:25 AM PST
In reply to: Help using a BLU D170A
Collapse -
BLU D170A
by retired9352 / February 26, 2013 8:38 PM PST

Yes it is a dual sim phone, the OS is V2.3 Gingerbread. Some of the problems I'm having is figuring out what a particular icon means and or does. They are not listed in the owners manual. Thanks for your assistance.

Collapse -
If you post a few screen shots, we can help too
by Pepe7 / February 26, 2013 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: BLU D170A

How about going that route as well?

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I don't think you'll find a short answer or version.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 25, 2013 8:42 AM PST
In reply to: Help using a BLU D170A

Think about your Windows laptop. No where is such a document and even the books you can get are incomplete.

Why not tackle the issues one by one. Such as figuring how to make a call, send a text message and then later trying to install Angry Birds?
Bob

Collapse -
BLU D170A
by retired9352 / February 26, 2013 8:40 PM PST

I guess I cheated in this area, a very good friend and my youngest son (degree in MIS) were there for me and did all the difficult stuff and hung in there with me till I knew how to do what I wanted to do. Thanks for your assistance.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.