Networking & Wireless forum

Question

Help to connect to the internet

by swtbreezie / March 2, 2013 3:04 AM PST

Hello,
I Ordered and PAID for the restore cd from Dell because I had a worm and they want more money to help me Sad I reinstalled Windows Vista on my Dell Inspiron 1525 and I cannot connect to the internet to update drivers so I did it with a usb stick transferred the drivers to my dell it STILL can't connect to the internet. Maybe I did the reinstall wrong but I ran it several times to no avail. Any help will be appreciated. I am a novice, need lots of help, but I am far from stupid like Dell treats me when I call.
Thanks
swtbreezie

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help to connect to the internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help to connect to the internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Ooops forgot
by swtbreezie / March 2, 2013 3:06 AM PST

I have windows vista 32 bit. Not sure what all else I need to list on here.
Thanks
swtbreezie

Collapse -
Answer
Only a little help.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2013 4:11 AM PST

Sorry but if you need lots of help, I have to write you need to find it locally.

Here's a small item that I hope will help.

1. Did you install Dell's QuickSet? Without that some Dells will not enable the WiFi.
2. Is the date and time right?
3. Is the antivirus expired? (some lock out the internet when expired or when you uninstall them.)

Good luck with this.
Bob

Collapse -
answer to only a little help
by swtbreezie / March 2, 2013 4:16 AM PST
In reply to: Only a little help.

Hi and thanks so much. No I don't think I installed Dell quick set where do I find it? And I can't connect to put my McAfee on it. It is through a company website. I am pretty good with computers. BUT Dell never said anything about any quick set but that figures they want you to pay them an outrageous price to put a smal thing on your pc that connects in 2 seconds. I will be very happy if you can help me.
Thanks so much
swtbreezie

Collapse -
To get Dell QuickSet.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2013 4:22 AM PST

Head to dell.com and put in the service tag to find the downloads for your machine. I don't want to upset you but that's a basic item you should write in your cheat sheet.

Use Google to learn "What does Dell's QuickSet do?"

This is all volunteer so I can only do so much. You lead you need lots of help so this may be not enough but I'll try to share the little things I know about.
Bob

Collapse -
thanks
by swtbreezie / March 2, 2013 5:09 AM PST
In reply to: To get Dell QuickSet.

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much and I will put it in my cheat sheet Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.