Samsung

General discussion

HELP !!!!!Samsung 860 TV will NOT connect to my router!

by dinainverso / January 1, 2010 1:40 AM PST

My 3600 BluRay had no issues- but the TV says Network connection issues it fails every time!

I

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP !!!!!Samsung 860 TV will NOT connect to my router!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP !!!!!Samsung 860 TV will NOT connect to my router!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HELP !!!!!Samsung 860 TV will NOT connect to my router!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 1, 2010 10:22 AM PST

dinainverso,

Are you using the same LinkStick that came with the BD-P3600? If so, you may need to purchase an additional LinkStick. The WIS09ABGN2 LinkStick only works with the BD-P3600 Blu-Ray player.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LinkStick for Samsung TV
by dinainverso / January 1, 2010 11:19 AM PST

No-

I purchased the LinkStick that goes with the TV for the TV.

It fails the gateway connection on every try.

Collapse -
Will any wireless LAN work?
by wamathews / January 2, 2010 6:58 AM PST

I have two Samsung products that are LAN capable. Can I use any USB wirelss LAN adapter, or does it have to be a Samsung Linkstick? I expect that it is propriatary, right?

Collapse -
Will any wireless LAN work?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 2, 2010 10:36 AM PST

wamathews,

That is correct, the LinkStick USB devices are proprietary. However, if you're savvy at networking and feel like trying your hand at a wireless bridge and a switch, you might be able to hook both units up to the same bridge. Unfortunately, Samsung can't support anything except the LinkStick, but if you do go the other route, I would recommend getting the same brand of bridge and switch as your router.

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks for the help
by wamathews / January 2, 2010 12:06 PM PST

thanks!

Collapse -
Samsung Linkstick and Belkin N router
by dinainverso / January 2, 2010 9:10 PM PST

I still canot get this linkstick to connect to my router- Belkin was no help and said to contact Samsung ( who said to contact Belkin!?)

It fails the gateway ping everytime.

Collapse -
Help
by jwklaw / March 10, 2010 6:38 AM PST

Samsung Expert, please see my recent post below and help. I have no clue what is wrong.

thanks in advance

BD-P3600 Compatible with Belkin N+ Wireless Router
by jwklaw - 3/8/10 8:54 PM

Hi, I have the BD-P3600 and just purchased the Belkin N+ Wireless Router (F5D8235-4). Can anyone tell me how to change the settings to make it compatible with my BD-P3600?

I'm not that computer savy, so if you can try to make it clear as possible, I would appreciate it. I previously had a Linksys Router that worked, but it was a G and was too slow.

Any assistance is appreciated.

thanks

Collapse -
Can't connect to router
by BlueMoonAthena / March 14, 2010 12:42 AM PST

dinainverso: try setting your router to a different type of security setting. For example, if you currently have your router set up with WPA_PSK, try WEP instead.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.