1. Although I doubt of used disc space slows the PC, it's not too difficult to move the contents of the library (that is, the songs etc). The second post in http://forums.cnet.com/7723-21565_102-583727/need-help-pls-locating-itunes-iphoto-with-2-external-drives/?messageId=5415218#message5415218 has a good instruction from our Mac moderator.
2. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555294 might help.
3. Just make a shortcut to Chrome in your fathers account. That should be all that's needed. Even easier, moe your shortcuts to the same place in the All users profile (desktop or the folder used by Start>Programs) and it will appear automatically on the desktop or the Start>Programs list for all users. That's generally the only difference between installing for myself only and installing for everybody: the location where the installer puts the shortcuts.
Hello! So I have an older Dell Dimension E310 running Windows XP and I have some upkeep I need help with. There are 3 things I need to do that I can think of now. Just to preface.. we have 3 user accounts on the computer, I am the administrator; however, I can give it to the other 2 accounts temporarily if it makes things easier.
1. I would like to move a iTunes library to my 2 TB external hard drive that I keep constantly attached to our desktop. It is over 7GB and slows down our tiny computer's hard drive like crazy. I have read several instruction forums on how to do this but I would like some more advice because the library is very important. I have also had bad luck with iTunes in the past.
2. When Windows starts up (No matter which user account I use) it brings up 'My Documents' folder twice. You can then simply close them out and continue on with your work but it is annoying. I need to go into start-up files but I would like some more assistance with this as well because it is easy to mess something up.
3. As for web browsers, I love Google Chrome and I even have it set up so that all my bookmarks carry over to my Android phone, iPad, and Netbook computer. It's nice to have them all together. Anyway, when I downloaded it on this computer I was unaware that it only went onto my user account. Then, at a later time my mom downloaded it for just her user account. I would like to put it on my fathers as well now, but I don't want to uninstall mine and hers to install it on the entire computer (through a custom install) because Chrome warned of losing settings (my bookmarks, history, themes, etc.). Would it waste a lot of extra space to install it on the 3rd account by itself or can I uninstall it on the entire computer and reinstall it on the entire thing without losing all of my content?
I have more upkeep to do, but I would like to start with these things. I'm just simply cleaning up the computer and getting it faster to maximize it's life. Thanks for the help!