Camcorders forum

General discussion

HELP PLEASE! jvc gz-mg20u "communication error"

by keprum2 / March 16, 2009 9:00 AM PDT

I have a JVC GZ-MG20U that is giving me "communication error" when I turn it on then it shuts itself off. JVC's dismal support site show nothing when I search the FAQ's. I have a new battery in it too. PLEASE HELP I need this camera for my wedding and I cant afford another one. Thanks everyone for reading this.
keprum

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP PLEASE! jvc gz-mg20u "communication error"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP PLEASE! jvc gz-mg20u "communication error"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The manual provides very limited guidance
by boya84 / March 16, 2009 1:24 PM PDT
Collapse -
still getting error
by keprum2 / March 17, 2009 11:37 AM PDT

Fist off thanks for the assist. I followed the steps in the manual but still get the error. this is frustrating as hell and JVC says bring it to the service center. This cant be that big of an issue to fix. the camera worked just fine when last used about 5 months ago.

Collapse -
Bummer.
by boya84 / March 17, 2009 11:42 AM PDT
In reply to: still getting error

"This cant be that big of an issue to fix"... then you can continue to feel frustrated and not have a working camcorder.

Collapse -
I must have asked for too much
by keprum2 / March 29, 2009 3:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Bummer.

I hope you get over it what ever it is. I'm not sure that this is a 'problem' in your eyes but it is to me. Please anyone if you can offer help to FIX this problem then I would appreciate it. If your going to comment on my frustrations instead then dont bother to post. I have a camera that worked fine and now it doesnt and If you cant help with a solution then it's ok. Anyone else had this problem before?

Collapse -
"Too much"? No - but thanks for your concern.
by boya84 / March 29, 2009 7:22 AM PDT
Collapse -
i have camcorder jvc everio gzhd 300 eroro comunication
by vzarou / July 23, 2009 8:14 AM PDT
In reply to: still getting error

but i have this cam new the problame not just only with this i can see with most everio i just bought seperate battery with wire conection only this way yuo can use when you replace the battery with cam do not attachment the battery with cam just put smal soft paper and use the wire connection its work i am technichian electronic ..if i have original battery i will find out what the problamme ...soon i will post that thanks

Collapse -
Time to call in some favors.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 29, 2009 3:24 AM PDT

I see from the manual that it looks like the device needs repair. Time to ask all your friends to look around for another camcorder for the job.
Bob

Collapse -
Communicating Error
by kimbee2 / July 2, 2010 8:17 AM PDT

Don't throw it away yet! I ordered a high capacity battery from e-Bay, not JVC, hooked it up, got the Communicating Error. It's may be just your battery if your issue is like mine, as I put the regular battery back in and it operated just as normal. The new battery had a pigtail that had to be hooked in where the charger normally goes. Time will tell, but in my case, it is the battery. Don't know if it's defective or what the issue is but that's the issue in my case. So anyone reading this thread don't be throwing it away yet. Check the battery first.

Collapse -
THe answer
by naijaboy4u / March 6, 2013 9:35 AM PST

i found the solution. Sorry for replying late, i just found the video and the answer. Check the battery, it is probably coated. So the battery is not making good contact with the camera. So just take a knife or sharp things and scratch the place that makes contact with camera until you see little clear squares and plug it back to see if it works.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.