How To forum

Resolved Question

HELP: FROSTWIRE for MacBook Pro... UNABLE TO INSTALL

by VOLTA1960 / December 22, 2012 5:44 AM PST

FROSTWIRE for MacBook Pro - New!

by VOLTA1960 - 12/21/12 3:42 PM

I've made attempts on both C-Net.com & Frostwire.com for Frostwire Downloads for Mac & I keep getting this ERROR MSG:
"FrostWire.app" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
...WHY?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP: FROSTWIRE for MacBook Pro... UNABLE TO INSTALL
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP: FROSTWIRE for MacBook Pro... UNABLE TO INSTALL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by VOLTA1960

Collapse -
Re: FrostWire.app damaged and can't be opened.
by gubatron / December 25, 2012 12:57 PM PST

Hi,

This is a misleading error message by Mac OSX. All you need to do is to enable the installation of apps that don't necessarily come from the Apple App Store.

To do this, on Your Mac go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy

Make sure the "General" tab is selected and then mark down "Allow Applications installed from ANYWHERE".

The FrostWire installer will work.

Here are some pictures and more detailed instruction in case this response wasn't clear enough

http://frostwire.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/mac-users-allow-applications-downloaded-from-everywhere/

Source: Official FrostWire Blog.

Collapse -
(NT) Not hardly!
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 27, 2012 8:57 PM PST
Collapse -
Answer
You bring up a problem I'm seeing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 5:55 AM PST

Folk need a lot more support today. Even if that app installs and runs on other folk's Apples, it didn't on yours. Your posts didn't give much to work with so can you share how you get support when things or apps don't run?

Others report it working so it's not CNET's issue. However I am encountering very new owners that think if they got it from some site (even for free and without any warranty) that it's that site's responsibility to fix their computer.

I'm unsure where this new type of user is going to take us but I fear it will be to less choices than we have today.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Possible software switch
by AwesomeTechViews / December 27, 2012 3:37 PM PST

hello,

I have had a lot of experience with different softwares in the same category as frostwire. Its unfortunate that limewire is no longer available, however, I would suggest going with MP3 Rocket. If you google it, there is a link that you can download from softonic. Hope I helped. Good Luck.

~Mike

Collapse -
Answer
FROSTWIRE INSTALLATION RESOLVED
by VOLTA1960 / December 27, 2012 9:01 PM PST

FROSTWIRE INSTALLATION ON MACBOOK PRO ISSUE RESOLVED...

...THANK YOU CNET COMMUNITY !

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.