Samsung forum

General discussion

Help! DLP TV Shutting off and restarting all by itself

by meltonlv / March 5, 2009 5:58 AM PST

I hope you can help me. I own a 56" Samsung DLP TV Model Number HL56A650C1F. I fell asleep last night watching TV, and when I woke up the TV was shutting down and restarting all by itself over and over again. When it shuts down, it immediately tries to restart. The chime sounds, the power light comes on, the fans all start, the lamp comes on, but then after the picture comes on, within 5 seconds, it shuts itself off, and the process starts all over again. I can't stop it from doing it. I have to unplug the TV from power just to get it to stop. When I do plug it back in, it starts all over again, and I haven't even touched a button. Is this a power supply issue, or a ballast issue? I am mildly technically savvy, and would like to see if there is anything I can do to fix this, but I would like to see where to start. Thanks for any help you can give.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help! DLP TV Shutting off and restarting all by itself
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help! DLP TV Shutting off and restarting all by itself
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Reseat or service...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 5, 2009 7:13 AM PST

meltonlv,

The only "mildly savvy" thing I might suggest is trying to reseat the lamp.

There's a great video tutorial available on the Samsung.com website located here: http://tinyurl.com/bxkza7 We just put those up last week (and no, guys, that's not me in the video).

If the reseat doesn't fix the problem, you might want to have a service tech come out and inspect or repair the unit.

Hope that helps!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Resetting the lamp
by meltonlv / March 5, 2009 8:08 AM PST
In reply to: Reseat or service...

I have done that several times - still no difference - How about something more involved? Is this a power issue?

Collapse -
Im having the same problem
by JDCS2017 / July 11, 2009 2:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Resetting the lamp

Did you ever find out what the problem is?

Collapse -
(NT) I am having the same problem. Did you find any solution
by cnetrutvij / September 28, 2009 10:38 AM PDT
Collapse -
hl50a650 dlp samsung
by louald / November 13, 2009 7:01 AM PST

my samsung dlp is doing the same thing and it is only 13 mo old can anyone help?

Collapse -
Help! DLP TV Shutting off and restarting all by itself
by gi_choke / December 21, 2009 6:04 AM PST

Has anyone found out how to fix this issue?

Collapse -
Same problem, no help from Samsung
by dogdaysman / February 7, 2010 2:43 AM PST

I bought a Samsung 56 inch DLP (model HLN567wx) in September 2003. I also purchased an extended warranty. Total cost for TV, warranty and tax was $5000. The TV was in storage for 6 months and in less than a year after that the color wheel had to be replaced. The TV worked fine for awhile and I really enjoyed it. Then around the time the extended warranty expired, it started to have the problems people have been mentioning - turning on and off, requiring power recycling, etc. Turning on but no picture, distorted picture, etc.

I started contacting Samsung in September 2009. They refused to be of any help since it was out of warranty. My research had led me to believe that there was a design or parts reliability problem since a tech had said that they received reports of problems with this TV on a daily basis from unhappy customers.

Samsung bounced be around between the customer relations group and the executive customer relations group. No one ever admitted a systemic problem with the TV or offered to help pay for the repair (contrary to what I have experienced with GE and other more reputable manufacturers who were willing to offer some assistance even if the appliance was out of warranty - I guess they actually care about customer relations).

After speaking with several techs I dumped the TV. Later I found out that the TV had been the subject of two recalls by Samsung - the problem was either the light engine or the DSP board. Of course, no one I spoke to at Samsung could bother to tell me this during the 3-4 months I was speaking with them.

I doubt if I will ever buy a Samsung product again.

Collapse -
samsung dlp 56"HL56A650C1F
by mytv123 / February 25, 2010 2:12 PM PST

my tv is 1 year old,doing exact same thing.i fell asleep & woke to powering on & off constantly. do u know what it is yet?

Collapse -
Same Problem!
by shav8er / August 9, 2010 2:10 PM PDT

I have a Samsung 67" DLP with the SAME problem (cycle on and off). What is the solution you have found! Thanks

Collapse -
67" Samsung DLP TV Model Number HL67A510
by pbh0 / March 8, 2011 1:02 AM PST
In reply to: Same Problem!

We are having this same problem. Technician came out and said he THINKS it is the color wheel. He could not find ANYWHERE to buy the part....NOT EVEN Samsung. So does anyone know where to purchase a color wheel for this model? Or is there another possible cause?

Collapse -
I'd like to ask one thing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2011 1:06 AM PST

Is this tech from Samsung or it's affiliates? Did you try 1800SAMSUNG to arrange for this service?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer to
by pbh0 / March 8, 2011 3:19 AM PST

Yes. This tech was from an affiliate of Samsung. Yes Samsung says it is on back order and from some of the post I have read it has been on back order for at least 2 months. Samsung just has the part as 'No longer available'.

Collapse -
Be sure to call it in one more time.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2011 6:10 AM PST
In reply to: Answer to

Get an incident number to post here and hope you are in the USA.

Collapse -
67" Samsung DLP TV Model Number HL67A510 -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 8, 2011 1:43 AM PST

pbh0,

Samsung Parts can be reached at 800-627-4368.

--HDTech

Collapse -
NO Longer Available
by pbh0 / March 8, 2011 4:07 AM PST

I went to Samsung for the part....all they could say is No Longer Available.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.