Phones forum

Resolved Question

HELP! Company getting GPS phones for employees

by jkenny666 / February 16, 2013 1:10 AM PST

Our company is getting all emnployees ATT Iphones with GPS tracking to see where we are and how long we are there. Is there any way without taking battery out to mislead them in any way? Call forward, 2cd phone, ect.
Was worried that if the phone was in one place and I was somewhere else if forwarded it would show on company bill. Or I thought maybe if CO. phone was in one place and I was somewhere else I could share number and have the phone I have ring if I choose to answer. Has to be a way around this. Thought I hurd there was a way to send the company phone location to another location. Any ideas? Again it will be there phone and they recieve bills.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP! Company getting GPS phones for employees
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP! Company getting GPS phones for employees
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by jkenny666

Collapse -
Absolutely.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 16, 2013 5:47 AM PST
Collapse -
not really hide
by jkenny666 / February 17, 2013 3:03 AM PST
In reply to: Absolutely.

Its nothing really that bad. Just my guys and I will finish jobs early. Its was always the given we would get the 8 hours. Now they are taking that, along with many other things. And on top of everything else want to track our every move by phone. So if there was a way to trick the GPS or have my phone somewhere im not and still be able to answer my calls it would be great. Dont understand the APP coment nor the lawyer. This isnt something we need to to everyday all day just when we need to. So bottom line to answer Pepe, we dont always want to be at one certain place for the whole duration of the time our phone GPS is showing us there. Sometimes the guys will bust there *** and complete 2 jobs and put 4 hrs on each. in reality they were at each for 3 hrs a piece. The GPS when someone goes back and checks will reflect 3 hrs. on each job. There lies the problem.

Collapse -
I'm still not seeing what you are describing
by Pepe7 / February 17, 2013 4:04 AM PST
In reply to: not really hide

Personally, I don't think you understand enough about cellular technology nor GPS to be able to have a productive conversation about it.

FWIW, I've been working alongside different types of contractors/subs for years. What you are getting at is the BS that I have been hearing forever (LOL). It would be another issue entirely if you weren't getting paid what you should be, but that's not the case, at least not based on your description. Just accept that fact that times are changing, or switch industries to something that does not require you to be monitored 24/7.

Collapse -
GPS
by jkenny666 / February 17, 2013 6:52 PM PST

Your probably right about the understanding aspect. Just thought I'd give it a shot.

Collapse -
Unbelievable !!
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 17, 2013 9:34 AM PST
In reply to: not really hide

Are you looking for sympathy, jkenny666? God forbid you should actually work for the time you are actually paid for.

Collapse -
Sympathy
by jkenny666 / February 17, 2013 7:05 PM PST
In reply to: Unbelievable !!

Where in the F do you get that from? You really dont unferstand the situation all my guys are in to make that judgement. I am salary, wont effect me as much as it will all my guys. However , all the reasons I gave them to come work for us are being taken away. One of them were the hours. The customer is getting charged the full amount even if my guys are there 6 hours instead of 8. So the company will make the extra money instead of my guys busting there *** on a hot day to get out a little early. Doesn't happen every day. The time they spend answering calls and setting up jobs and paperwork after work hours they dont get paid for. Or loading there trucks. So rather than trying to think and pass judgement why didn't you just respond to my orginal question with ( I have no idea. )

Collapse -
So your guys are free-lance, not employed.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 17, 2013 7:25 PM PST
In reply to: Sympathy

Then if they don't like the conditions offered, it's clear what they should do. If nobody else wants to do it under those conditions, the company has a problem.

Kees

Collapse -
You are unbelievable
by birdmantd Forum moderator / February 17, 2013 9:05 PM PST
In reply to: Sympathy
You came to this forum to ask how to beat the system and you get defensive when you are called out.

This was your question, "Is there any way without taking battery out to mislead them in any way?" If the company is providing you a free phone, you shouldn't be asking how to mask your location. Get over it. I am contracted (not a paid employee) and don't try to tell me I have no idea what you are asking.

Thread closed.
Collapse -
Answer
Sounds like you have something to hide(?)
by Pepe7 / February 16, 2013 4:08 AM PST

Forwarding the phone number isn't a real solution if you think about it carefully. What exactly are you trying to hide from your employer(?)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.