Audio & Video Software

Question

help choosing web conferencing

by karnsumans / April 8, 2013 9:49 PM PDT

Hi!

I have a specific need for which i am looking for an answer.
I googled it but since i do not have much knowledge about these king of things i am not able to draw the conclusion myself.
Please look into my query and suggest me the right thing.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Here it goes:

I would like to know if I do use a free (or low cost) recording software, if I can record a lecture (approx 40 minutes) well in advance, on my own without anyone on that call. I would then want to hop on a LIVE call, but simply start to play that recording for everyone to listen to who is on the live call (but not have them know I'm doing that, I would welcome everyone within the recorded lecture when I make it). I would then want to say at the end of the recording "okay, great, I see some hands raised, so let me just get everyone un-muted, and we will accept questions". At that point I'd turn off the recording and start to speak live myself.
I want to know if this situation is feasible with Free Conference Call.com, or another type of program, and which would be best for something like this. I will likely only need to do this once every three months or so, but still need it to run smoothly when I do.

I will also want to record interviews with other individuals and play them for an audience (via phone, where they call in to a specific conference bridge #) at a later date and want to see how that's most do-able (streamlined, easy, seamless).

For all of these recorded calls, I will likely be using a cell phone, and assume I just need to be in front of a laptop (same one all the time? with a program installed, or can I be anywhere and just need to log-in somehow to the call?) ---and I can see who is "on", and can "mute" everyone, or take them off mute, and they can press a certain # on their phone to "raise their hands".

I know its long, but it would be a great help.

Thank you for reading and answering.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: help choosing web conferencing
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: help choosing web conferencing
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
StartMeeting.com is your perfect solution
by liliya1821 / April 10, 2013 2:33 AM PDT

Hi there,

I work for FreeConferenceCall.com and we offer a service that will allow you to record on your own and then broadcast it on a live call. StartMeeting.com is an audio conferencing and online meeting service that offers tons of free features as well as paid. With the toll number that is provided you can record as many recordings as you need, then go to your History and Recordings section to listen, download or share. To broadcast those recordings, use the Broadcaster tool (during a live conference call) and you are all set. I suggest that you sign up and play with it so that you are familiar with the platform. If you need assistance, please contact our Sales or Customer Service departments (number listed below).

To sign up, visit this url (if you want just the free services, make sure to turn off the paid options):
https://www.startmeeting.com/user/signup

If you have any questions, call us at 800-644-9070 and our Sales or Customer Service reps will be more than happy to help you get started.

Hope this helps!

Liliya

Collapse -
Q&A Available
by liliya1821 / April 10, 2013 2:36 AM PDT

Forgot to mention, StartMeeting.com also provides the Q&A option, so that your callers can be added to the queue if they have any questions while you are broadcasting the recording.

Collapse -
please let me know about this
by karnsumans / April 11, 2013 3:09 PM PDT
In reply to: Q&A Available

Hi Liliya!!

Thank you for replying!!

Just wanted to clear one thing, so even if i play a prerecorded video, other members in meeting will not be able to understand it, it will appear to them as if i am speaking live, right?

Collapse -
Answer
Try Saba Classroom
by Babsal / April 12, 2013 10:19 AM PDT

You can try it at

www.sabameeting.com

Collapse -
Answer
Reply: help choosing web conferencing
by andrespefia3 / July 21, 2014 5:53 PM PDT

You can record your lecture including the audio portion, and make the recording available to others to view later at their convenience. You can edit recordings to cut out unwanted portions and to make a more professional playback. ConferenceCalls's Record and web conferencing rates are highly competitive. Maintain the integrity and privacy of your Recording with optional passwords for presentation and record playback access, standard SSL encryption for Chairperson and participants and record playback notification and reports.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.