Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

HELP!! Amazon Mp3 downloader problems

by Shamfajam / February 15, 2011 8:23 AM PST

I desperately need help! I tried calling amazon and getting help directly but they simply told me that it is not a problem with their site or downloader. I tried some google searches but didn't find anything specific to my problem. When I try to download a song from amazon this error message pops up: "Windows cannot access the specific device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the items." I click ok and then this other error message pops up: "C:\windows\TEMP\AmazonMP3-1297815551.amz could not be opened, because an unknown error occurred.

Try saving to disk first and then opening the file."

How do I fix this? I am using Windows 7 and my browser is Fire fox.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP!! Amazon Mp3 downloader problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP!! Amazon Mp3 downloader problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
TEMP looks wrong.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 15, 2011 8:30 AM PST

TEMP=C:\Users\Sham\AppData\Local\Temp should be in there.

Was someone tinkering with temp, registry or "cleaners?"

Collapse -
??
by Shamfajam / February 17, 2011 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: TEMP looks wrong.

I have no idea....dont think so because it is my computer and no one else uses it. I dont even know how to look for that so it surely wasnt me.

Collapse -
Since it's your PC
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 17, 2011 1:25 AM PST
In reply to: ??

Then research where TEMP should be. Malware could change or an old App. Sorry but since I didn't see what you did when it worked and later not, I am left to guess.

Again, that TEMP location looks incorrect.
Bob

Collapse -
They make it difficult to download.
by aliikane / February 5, 2012 5:28 PM PST

I don't understand why they make it so difficult to download. They should make it as easy as possible because you are spending money buying the music. It almost seems like the people paying for the music are the exception. It really shouldn't be a hassle to download music. They have billed me for every song but numerous times my songs did not download. I am gonna try to use another company. Too much of a hassle to do the right thing and pay for music.

Collapse -
Works fine here. Very easy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 6, 2012 4:50 AM PST

But I can see where folk could get upset if their machine's OS is different or damaged.

Since you don't see others with this issue every week, it must be working for most of us.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.