You should be able to get an under construction page up by following the steps below.
1. Log into cPanel.
2. Enter the File Manager. Be sure to navigate to the root folder for the domain you are working with. If it is the primary domain, use public_html.
3. Click on New File, an icon found in the toolbar at the top of the page.
4. Next, give the file a name. Our example will be named index.htm. Click on the Create New File button to complete its creation. Note this simply creates an empty file.
5. Now we need to edit the empty file. Highlight the filename and then click on HTML Editor. This allows you to create the page visually, no coding needed. You can make it as fancy or simple as you wish. In our example we will make it very simple.
6. Once you have designed your page, click on the Save button in the upper left of the tool bar. It appears as a floppy disk.
Once you have the Page created, follow the steps below to insert the image.
1. Edit the under construction page.
2. Insert the following image tag. (remember to change the name of the file to your image file name in the src)
<img src="my-image.jpg" />
3. Upload the image to the same directory as the Under Construction page.
4. Save the file and you should see the image in the Under Construction page.
So there it is, I am new to web designing, and when I say new, I mean my boss gave me the domain, username and password this morning, and told me I had to put an "Under construction " picture on it, and that it should be online by tomorrow 6am...
So I entered all that and I started using Cpanel, that was easy, made him the info@ mail, but i'm struggling to understand how can I upload this image, and why the message :
You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Appears when I enter the website's URL...
Please could someone explain to me how to upload and make this image visible to people ?
Thanks in advance, and sorry if my english isn't perfect.