Samsung forum

Question

Headphone Jack Issue

by CSLGould / January 2, 2013 3:38 AM PST

I own a Samsung 2333HD 1080p Monitor, and recently have noticed a problem.
The headphone jack of which you obviously plug in headphones doesn't seem to work.
I've tried various inputs to get it to work, to avail.
...and while I'm on the subject, I use a PlayStation 3 and have recently purchased a small sound system to use with my TV, which only method of connecting to my TV is via. Headphone jack, and I was wondering if you guys new anything I could do to either avoid using the headphone jack, successfully, or hopefully sort out my headphone jack itself?
Thanks in hoping,
CSLGould.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Headphone Jack Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Headphone Jack Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: headphone jack
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 3:45 AM PST
In reply to: Headphone Jack Issue

Please tell us about the cables (video and audio) between the PC and the monitor. Also, if the monitor has headphone plug, I assume it also has speakers. Do those speaker work?

And can you explain the relation between your monitor on one side and the PS2-TV-sound system part of your story on the other side. You seem to think it's related, but I fail to see how.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Small world. My 2333HD has
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 4:00 AM PST

I looked at the jacks and I see a jack for audio in, then optical, then the EX-LINK but no headphone out jack.

Can you share a link about your model that shows this?
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
In response...
by CSLGould / January 2, 2013 5:30 AM PST

On the back of my television is a Output for audio through "HDMI / PC / DVI-D AUDIO IN", "DIGITAL AUDIO OUT", "EX LINK" and the usual "COMPONENT IN".
the model code is; LS23CFVKF/EN.
...and just to re-cap, the Speaker set up is attached through a Headphone Jack into my TV, but the issue is that the headphone gives no output, as in no sound when headphones in, or speakers, but the speakers of my actual television work fine, its just output of audio through the headphone port.
I'm sorry if this isn't clear, but I will try to clarify more if it isn't.
CSLGould.

Collapse -
What headphone port?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 5:44 AM PST
In reply to: In response...

I own the 2333 and the AUDIO in jack is strictly that. You wrote....

"On the back of my television is a Output for audio through "HDMI / PC / DVI-D AUDIO IN","

That jack is an input. The digital audio out is optical which I suppose I could us a converter if need be.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Pictures
by CSLGould / January 2, 2013 6:18 AM PST

If you go here;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91787945@N02/

you'll see all the photos of the back of my television.

I'm aware that these are purely input, it was just purely poor wording, my mistake.

Thank you for all the help so far.

CSLGould.

Collapse -
Answer
Also...
by CSLGould / January 2, 2013 6:19 AM PST

Just to say, the headphone jack doesn't work.
That's the main issue.

Collapse -
Pictures helped.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 6:24 AM PST
In reply to: Also...

That's the same as my 2333 and just like mine there is no headphone output jack. There is an input jack and that's working here.

Let's be clear here. If you had a headphone with the usual jack, it will never product sound if you plug that into a 2333.
Bob

Collapse -
See link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 6:32 AM PST
In reply to: Pictures helped.
Collapse -
When Facing
by CSLGould / January 2, 2013 7:12 AM PST
In reply to: Pictures helped.

If you face the television, there is a 'door' on the left hand side, open it and inside is a headphone port to insert headphones and earphones, this is the section which is unfortunately not working.

CSLGould.

Collapse -
Which works fine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 7:23 AM PST
In reply to: When Facing

The pictures are of the back of the TV. I set it to TV and viola, headphones work on the side jack just fine.

Any other detail?
Bob

Collapse -
Yeah...
by CSLGould / January 2, 2013 7:29 AM PST
In reply to: Which works fine.

The issue is that when anything is plunged into the headphone jack, it doesn't work.
No sound.
Nothing.
That's what I am trying to get at.

Collapse -
Then it's dead.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 7:37 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah...

You've convinced me. I notice the volume control and mute does work on that connection so that's a relief.

At least you can try the optical convertor if repair is too much.
Bob

Collapse -
I'll Try
by CSLGould / January 2, 2013 7:43 AM PST
In reply to: Then it's dead.

I'll give the converter a whirl, and if that doesn't work, i'm stumped.
I really appreciate all the help you given though regardless!
CSLGould

Collapse -
Answer
Are we forgetting something?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 2, 2013 7:51 AM PST

The PS3 would have me set the audio to stereo or it might not show up on the headphone jack. I tested my 2333HD with a OTA HD channel and not my PS3.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.