Samsung forum

General discussion

HDTech- anynet+ problem samsung series 8 tv and blu-ray

by dadsquared / July 30, 2010 1:05 PM PDT

this can actually be for anyone to answer, because I certainly don't have one!

Starting tonight, when I turn on my samsung C6500 blu-ray player, my Samsung tv does not automatically switch over to the dvd player- it has automatically switched over to the blu-ray player since the first day we hooked everything up. I'll get the "source" menu to come up on the tv, and click the HDMI-CEC tab. I get a screen that says "connecting to anynet+ device", but after a few seconds, I get a screen saying that the anynet+ device is not connected. However, if I select HDMI-2 (where the blu-ray player is connected to), I can get to the blu-ray player without a problem.

To further add to the goofiness, if the blu-ray player is powered off, I can turn it on by going into the "source" menu on my samsung tv and clicking the "HDMI-CEC" tab. So I know that there's a "connection" between the blu-ray player and the tv; the tv just doesn't recognize the blu-ray player as an anynet+ device.

here's what I've tried: unplugging the blu-ray player for 30+ seconds and plugging it back in. using a different HDMI cable on the blu-ray. Doing a factory reset of the blu-ray player (which I did because the blu-ray player started acting crazy on powerup- it would read out "load", then power off, then power on again by itself, read "load", then power off, etc...). I used a different HDMI input on my tv.

All these steps still result in a blu-ray player that isn't recognized as an anynet device. Having to switch HDMI inputs isn't that big of a deal- the only reason I'm concerned is that before tonight, turning on the blu-ray player would result in the tv automatically switching to the blu-ray hdmi input. When a device drops a "feature" like that, I start wondering what else it will drop in the future!

Any help/advice from anyone would be most appreciated!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HDTech- anynet+ problem samsung series 8 tv and blu-ray
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HDTech- anynet+ problem samsung series 8 tv and blu-ray
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Anynet+ stopped working
by jw650 / July 30, 2010 8:35 PM PDT

I had a similar problem with a Samsung Home Theatre. I got it repaired (new main board) under warranty. It's worth trying a full reset, and a different cable. Luckily, I had another Anynet+ device that was still recognised, so I knew the TV was OK.

Collapse -
HDTech- anynet+ problem samsung series 8 tv and blu-ray
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 31, 2010 11:41 AM PDT

You mentioned that you were using a different HDMI cable. I was wondering if it's rated HDMI 1.3 or higher? In some cases, older cables may not transfer the CEC (Anynet+) signal properly, and may explain the intermittent symptom.

What model of TV do you have?

Collapse -
Anynet+ stopped working
by richworkman / January 29, 2011 4:00 AM PST

I have a similar problem: My BD-C6900 was working just fine with my Series 7 LCD TV until last week, when a Blu-Ray disk suddenly started "blinking" during play (signal appeared to be switching on and off repeatedly, every second).

To troubleshoot, I have completely removed my surround sound system from the equation, and plugged my Blu-Ray directly into HDMI 1 on my TV. When I choose HDMI-CEC as the source on my TV, it turns on the Blu Ray player, but then shows an initial error of "no signal", shortly followed by "Anynet+ Device is Not Connected"

I have tried different HDMI cables - but since the system worked fine for 8 months, I don't see how the cable could suddenly be the issue. Never the less, another cable doesn't help.

When I refresh the "Source" list on the TV, it finds an "Anynet BD Player", but the screen is just black, with the little pop-up in the top left corner of the TV, telling me that the TV is on "HDMI/DVI" and the resolution, 60HTZ, etc...

I have tried this process repeatedly (following the instructions in the BD manual for initial set-up, both with and without a Blu-Ray disc in the player. No difference.

I don't know what to try next!

Collapse -
Resolved my own issue with new cable
by richworkman / January 30, 2011 1:54 AM PST

Someone suggested upgrading to a higher quality (faster) HDMI cable and the issue was resolved.

Although I have no explanation for why the older/slower HDMI cable worked for 8 months and suddenly stopped - the newer high speed cable did the trick.

Collapse -
Samsung BD-D5500 is not working with my Samsung UN40D6600 TV
by hcgamsy / December 18, 2012 10:56 PM PST

I have the same issue with Samsung Blu Ray player. I have Samsung BD-D5500, 3D Blu Ray player. Now it does not connect with my Samsung UN40D6600 TV.

Earlier it was work with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) automatically and worked fine, but it suddenly stopped working. When I try to search for devices it says "No device is found", I've tried every menu. Please help!

I hope it is the issue of my TV, Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) connection. Because when I connect a USB device (HDD or Flash Drive) to the TV the result is same. Please help me! (Earlier those worked fine)

Now I am unable to watch movies on my TV.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.