Camcorders forum

General discussion

(HDR-SR12 vs HDR-XR500V which is better) Help my camera ....

by silvercorvette / April 7, 2009 5:40 AM PDT

(HDR-SR12 vs HDR-XR500V which is better) Help my camera broke, I needed one in a hurry.

I drove up to NY from SC and discovered camera problems with my old one. I needed one in a hurry so I probably Paid too much $1399.99 for a Sony HDR-SR12, but the box was delivered and I found a HDR-XR500V inside. I know this is the updated newer model, but is this equal to or better than the SR-12? Also if it is an acceptable substitute is the price OK, should I ask for a price adjustment, or is the XR500V worth more? If I got a bad deal on the switch I need to find something fast that can be delivered to NY by April 10. Any suggestions you be appreciated.

PS I am leaving for an emergency dentist appointment, I?ll check for replies when I get back

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: (HDR-SR12 vs HDR-XR500V which is better) Help my camera ....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: (HDR-SR12 vs HDR-XR500V which is better) Help my camera ....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
It's good for what you got, but still overpriced.
by whizkid454 / April 7, 2009 6:16 AM PDT

The XR500V is a brand new model and is much better than the SR12. But the XR500V for retail is $1300. But considering the SR12 is worth less, it was a steal for you. Happy

Collapse -
id keep it

id keep it. it will have better picture in daylight and low light

Collapse -
thank you for the replies
by silvercorvette / April 7, 2009 9:18 AM PDT
In reply to: id keep it

I know I paid too much but I drove up to NY from SC for a combined mother's birthday / Easter visit. I am driving my mother to CT to her sisters house and planned on taking videos with my old camera, But when I discovered the old camera had problems I needed something fast so cost was secondary to getting the camera to her house (where I am staying for the visit) fast.

I already wasted a lot of time researching and choosing the Sony SR12 so there wasn't many options as far as getting it delivered fast.

I did a quick check and from what I read I was pretty sure the 500V was a better more improved model, I just wanted to get some advice as to whether I should complain about getting a different model, and the answer seems to be no

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.