Samsung

General discussion

hdmi suddenly not working

by kawidood / October 21, 2009 2:00 AM PDT

I have a pn50b650 for a week and I've been attaching two HD recievers to HDMI 1 and 2 with no issues. Last night I tried to connect a bluray to port 3 and it didn't work. Now none of the ports are working except port 2. All my Devices work fine when connected to HDMI port 2, but there's a NO SIGNAL message if I try to use the other ports. I've tried power cycling the tv and devices and it hasn't fixed anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: hdmi suddenly not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: hdmi suddenly not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
hdmi suddenly not working
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 21, 2009 3:00 PM PDT

kawidood,

I'm not sure what would have caused the HDMI ports to suddenly stop working. If the devices aren't outputting at a high resolution - and check on the working port - see if you can bump up the output resolution (ie: cable/sat box, etc).

If that doesn't work, you might try calling 800-SAMSUNG to see if they can troubleshoot or set up a service ticket for you.

--HDTech

Collapse -
SAME ISSUE
by thejohnsonfactor / November 3, 2010 12:47 PM PDT

I am having the exact same issue as the above (realize this is a year later). The only HDMI port that works is port 2, I have to swap between my HD DVR and Blu-ray manually since neither will display an image in port 1, 3, or 4. The port detects that a cable is there but reports NO SIGNAL.

Have reverted to the last firmware update to no avail, reverted back, not fix. Power cycled the TV, no go.

Any help out there???

Collapse -
SAME ISSUE
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 3, 2010 4:43 PM PDT
In reply to: SAME ISSUE

thejohnsonfactor,

Doing this may reset your settings, but try to do a full reset of your television.

With the TV powered ON, and all HDMI cables removed, press and hold the EXIT button on the remote for 15 seconds. You should be prompted to "RESET?", choose YES and [Enter].

Then, try to connect your cables.

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Same problem
by kweh_ / November 29, 2010 10:14 AM PST

I am having the same issue with one difference that nobody has noted: once I switch to HDMI2 successfully, when I change back to another HDMI port (eg HDMI 1) it continues to display the source from HDMI2. Otherwise, if I don't have an active source in HDMI2, it displays "No Signal." This is very bizarre behaviour. Right now I am having to alternate the cables to HDMI2 to switch between my TiVo and my PS3.

I tried a reset as described by the HDTech above, but the problem persists. I have tried every cabling configuration I can think of, have switched back to old firmware, etc and the problem will not go away.

Collapse -
does it work ?
by daviddesi06 / March 1, 2011 8:54 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem

Any luck?

Collapse -
Nope
by kweh_ / March 8, 2011 6:48 PM PST
In reply to: does it work ?

No luck. Only HDMI 2 works, so I have one device plugged into it (PS3) all others are running through component. To ease my pain I am using my amplifier as a switch, but it is a bit pointless to have three useless HDMI ports on my TV.

Collapse -
SAME ISSUE
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 1, 2010 12:06 PM PST

Are these all PN50B650 models?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Issue
by kweh_ / December 2, 2010 10:36 AM PST

No, mine is an LA40B650.

Collapse -
I am having the exact same issue
by Hman4 / April 24, 2013 1:04 PM PDT
In reply to: Issue

suddenly HMDI Port 2 stopped working. I'm having to put my cable box & BR player manually to Port 1 depending on the activity. Very ANNOYING!!

Strangely, the port detects a device when the BR player is turned on or is plugged in - then turns to the blue "no signal" screen after about 5 seconds. Ugh!!!!

Collapse -
Solved
by thejohnsonfactor / December 3, 2010 1:38 PM PST

Thanks, this solved the issue, hope it doesn't return.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.