Samsung forum

General discussion

HDMI flickers at 1080p Samsung Bluray BDC-6500

by snafu169 / January 2, 2011 3:29 AM PST

I just bought a New HDMI cable and plugged it in with everything turned off.

After turning on everything seemed Ok at first, then as I checked through the options to make sure I had the optimal 1080p, it started to flicker it did not flicker after I changed anything, but seemed more like after it warmed up if that makes any sense.

Anyways in order to get it to stop, I had to change the output to 1080i ... How do I know that I have the right cable for my DVD, I don?t know what the Minimum spec would be.

the cable is:

High Speed HDMI
340 mhz
10,2 Gbps
Part 1518892A

bought at The Source

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HDMI flickers at 1080p Samsung Bluray BDC-6500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HDMI flickers at 1080p Samsung Bluray BDC-6500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HDMI flickers at 1080p Samsung Bluray BDC-6500
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 3, 2011 11:34 AM PST

Are you playing Blu-Ray discs when this happens? Or DVDs?

Collapse -
no happened all the time
by snafu169 / January 6, 2011 3:06 PM PST

it flickered even on the Player's menu

Collapse -
no happened all the time
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 11, 2011 3:42 PM PST

It may require service.

Before calling it in, though, try updating the firmware and swapping the HDMI cable (even a cheap cable will either work or not) to see if either of those might be the source of the problem.

Collapse -
but it works at lower settting?
by snafu169 / January 30, 2011 10:31 AM PST

I don't understand why connecting a cheaper cable would work? Blue Ray requires quality cable at a certain rating. I think it is the cable, and I can't really test with a better quality cable at this point. all firmware is up to date.

Collapse -
One of those things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 30, 2011 11:43 AM PST

Cheap but good is good enough. This flicker is caused by too many things but a cable is on the list. I will give a nod to the 8 or 10 buck amazon basics HDMI cable here. I've used a few and so far, so good.

Collapse -
this happens to me too
by madtownwi / November 6, 2012 1:40 AM PST

I have the same issue both of my XBOX and Bluray, i had to change to 1080i to get rid of the flicker. I tried new cables, that didn't help, firmware is upto date. My tv is a PN60E6500

Collapse -
Re: this happens to me too
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 6, 2012 2:34 AM PST
In reply to: this happens to me too

Hi madtownwi,

As this thread was about a Blu-ray player, would you mind starting a new thread with this issue. That'll help it stay on topic and not get buried.

Also, any chance you could get us a picture or a video of the behavior?

HD Tech

Collapse -
shocker, another one
by Honsfan / November 15, 2012 5:42 AM PST

Well apparently Samsung really screwed up with these recent models. this is atleast 4th different thread (on cnet alone)on it. However the Samsung people act like they've never heard of it. Just Google Samsung 1080p flicker and there are countless people with problem and i have yet to see one answer from anyone including the Samsung techs on this forum or any others. Samsung tech will tell me to start my own thread I think that's just because they don't want a bunch of people complaining on 1,looks worse for Samsung.

Collapse -
by Honsfan / November 16, 2012 11:54 PM PST
In reply to: shocker, another one

Disable autosync plus in smarthub. Make sure to uncheck the agreement box located in tab below your on/off selection.

I wonder how much time and money was wasted by consumers ( techs adv me tobuy a different HDMI cable$26.00)and manufactures (unnecessary returns and techs that came to peoples residence) trying to resolve this issue.

Collapse -
re snafu169
by tg88 / November 17, 2012 12:19 AM PST
In reply to: fixed

Honsfan's post will fix your issue (Disable autosync plus in smarthub)
Works on my plasma tv. Happy

Firmware ver 1023.2
Smart Hub ver 4.5101-5.0
Smart Hub updated 11-14-2012.

Collapse -
would like more info
by mxl200 / November 27, 2012 1:53 PM PST

I have a problem I noticed after a firmware update. I get slight flicker in 1080p too but when I reset the tv's settings, its fixed.. until later. Can it still be that autosync setting u think?

Collapse -
by FarajCnet / November 29, 2012 2:07 AM PST

This really helps!
It was so annoying to have these flickers on the screen.
I have a 60'' LED and disabling the autosync plus eliminates the flickers.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.