Samsung forum

General discussion

HDMI between computer and new samsung tv LN32B360 not workin

by ppsm / May 28, 2009 6:37 AM PDT

I have a HP Desktop only a year old with an HDMI connection in the back. I have a brand new state of the art monster HDMI cable. I have hooked it up to Samsung LN32B360 in the HDMI2 slot. I have set the source on the TV as HDMI2. The computer (I am running Vista) is not recognizing the Samsung tv. When I go into display there is no other monitor being shown other than the monitor I have hooked up (also a samsung). Any tips on what the problem could be?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HDMI between computer and new samsung tv LN32B360 not workin
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HDMI between computer and new samsung tv LN32B360 not workin
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 28, 2009 6:40 AM PDT

ppsm,

If you go into your video settings, are you able to see the television as a monitor? Also, are your settings compatible with the resolutions listed in the manual for the television to accept?

Also, for external monitors, often times there is a FN+F(?) button to send the signal to the external display. Make sure you have the latest drivers from HP's website and keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
HDMI computer to Samsung TV cont.
by ppsm / May 28, 2009 6:55 AM PDT

Thank you for your quick reply. No I am not able to the the television as a monitor in my video display settings. The computer is not recognizing it. I tried to reboot but that did not work either. I have lowered the resolutions and tried that. Nothing happened. Iknow where the FN/F button is on my laptop but not on my desktop.

Collapse -
HDMI computer to Samsung TV cont.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 28, 2009 9:24 AM PDT

ppsm,

I misread the part about the desktop, my sincere apologies.

Is the video card set to output the signal in the properties? I know it's a simplistic question, but that's a good place to start.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by ppsm / May 28, 2009 10:24 AM PDT

I resolved it. The solution was in the NVIDA display settings. display/display more than one monitor or some such thing. Yippeeee! Now I can watch my HD movies (old format) on my HD player in my desktop computer. i have a whole wack of them and they looked great on the 24 inch Samsung monitor I have but now they are just stunning! I exchanged the set by the way and the electric smell is no longer evident. thanks for you advice on that earlier.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 28, 2009 10:32 AM PDT

ppsm,

Good news on both accounts. Happy Let me know if we can assist with anything else.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung Printer issue
by ppsm / May 28, 2009 11:40 AM PDT

Funny you should ask. I have been having an issue with my Samsung ML 2010 printer which has been working wonderfully since I got it about 5 months ago. Now, when I am in the middle of some heavy printing demands for some courses I am taking to upgrade myself the printer will print one or two pages of a multiple page document and then stop. Red light comes on. I turn the printer off, then back on. Then print the remaining pages. Sometimes one by one. sometimes it will do more than one. I have a brand new Samsung cartridge (this is a laser printer). As you can tell I am gaining an affinity for Samsung products! The printing problem takes place no matter which computer of my three I print from.

Collapse -
Samsung Printer issue
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 29, 2009 7:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Printer issue

ppsm,

I'm guessing that there's a break in the sending of the file somewhere, which leads me to believe that this may be a driver issue. But I do have some good news. There are some troubleshooting/driver checks you can do if you have a little bit of time.

We have a little-known website called Samsung Dr. Printer that you can run some Active-X funtions, and it will run diagnostics, and check to make sure that your connection is good, and that your driver is up to date. The best part is that it's automatic with very minimal things that can go wrong. (Still, I recommend creating a checkpoint in System Restore, since "you never know...")

You can find that here:

http://samsungdp.com/

In my experience, it's best to use Internet Explorer for this operation. It can be a little time consuming, since the servers only allow a limited download speed - but I've found it's worth the wait.

Keep me posted, I'd be interested to know if this fixes your issue. Thanks for supporting Samsung products.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Printer issues Samsung ML 2010
by ppsm / May 29, 2009 3:53 PM PDT
In reply to: Samsung Printer issue

Well I downloaded the driver dr samsung recommended but it had to delete the driver i had. then it said that my printer was not connected check my connection. then it asked download the driver anyway? and i said yes. well this then meant my printer did not work at all. oops. yeah so system restore. I am on a wireless home network and all the computers (three) recognize the printer. It has been a superb printer until now when i need it most. it prints one or two pages of a several page document and then the red light goes on. i turn the switch off on and back on. green light but it does not resume printer what I thought would have been in the buffer. it used to. This procedure was done on two computers including the one the printer is hooked up to. i am doing three courses online in 7 weeks and lots of material needs to be printed so a working printer is essential. this is the first time I have strayed from the always reliable HP printers. convinced by a friend who writes books and prints on his samsung.

Collapse -
Printer issues Samsung ML 2010
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 31, 2009 12:02 PM PDT

ppsm,

So the printer is wirelessly networked? I wish you had mentioned that, as it would only do a network search for network enabled printers.

But you're getting this error while the printer is directly hooked up to the computer you're attempting to print from?

Technically, it shouldn't matter if the network is set up properly, but something beyond the printer could be the issue, and that's why I ask.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung printer continued
by ppsm / May 31, 2009 12:13 PM PDT

yes, regardless of the computer i print from I am getting this error. Mind you the computer that is hooked up directly to the printer is wireless as well. All my computers, all five of them I had been using, were able to print just fine for quite some time now. Ah a printer without printer errors I thought....what a joy. Now this stop and go procedure where it prints one or two pages then red light. then i go back and say print pages 3-5 and it prints those. I did try something recently, instead of doing all pages i asked it to print pages 1-5 and it printed all 5 pages.

Collapse -
Samsung printer continued
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 31, 2009 2:09 PM PDT

ppsm,

Well, that's a strange development, though it's nice to know that you can actually do what you want with it.

I'll run this by our printer guy in the morning and get his take on it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
i need help
by ozor2u / August 13, 2010 3:15 AM PDT

Please tell me exactly what you did with the nviDIA, am also having problems connecting my laptop ASUS to my samsung LN32B360, please i need a response, thanks

Collapse -
try this:
by chomie3 / November 27, 2009 4:45 PM PST

Hi there! I just got the same tv and I am having the trouble too! I am using an VGA cable though!

Anyway, in my research thus far, I learnt that I had to modify my display settings through my video card control panel. I went to my NVIDIA control panel, under set up multiple displays, it was able to detect my tv. Maybe this could be a start for you!

I hope this helps! And almost, you might want to consider using HDMI 1.

Regards,
Velma

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.