Samsung forum

General discussion

HDMI Audio Pass through

by zyofeng / June 29, 2010 8:34 AM PDT

So I bought a UA55C7000
however when I connected it through my receiver the PS3 can not detect the TV is 3d enabled (because my receiver is not 3d compatible I guess).
Is there anyway to pass audio to my receiver through HDMI from the TV? I wanna do away from optical cables which doesnt support Dolby HD/DTS HD.

Also when my ps3 is connected straight to the C7000 xvycc is permenantly greyed out (in movie mode, PS3 is on latest firmware 3.4 with deep color swtiched to on)

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HDMI Audio Pass through
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HDMI Audio Pass through
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
HDMI Audio Pass through
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 29, 2010 1:27 PM PDT

zyofeng,

There is not a way to pass audio to the receiver through HDMI from the TV.

xvYCC is not supported by DVD-Video or Blu-ray, but is supported by the high-definition recording format AVCHD and PlayStation 3. So you'd have to check the game manufacturer and compatibility options with the game console people. The TV will be able to detect the signal if the signal is present. Playing a Blu-Ray through the PS3 may not be supported because the originating format (Blu-Ray) doesn't support it.

--HDTech

Collapse -
re
by zyofeng / June 29, 2010 1:32 PM PDT

cool
Does the Monster VS Alien 3D included in the TV support xvycc (I am playing it in 2D as PS3 is yet to be upgraded to support the 3D codec)?

will I be able to turn it on with that blu-ray disc?

Also do you know if Samsung is going to release any firmware update to address the crosstalk issues? Its giving me the headache in 3D games Sad

Collapse -
re
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 29, 2010 3:17 PM PDT
In reply to: re

zyofeng,

xvYCC isn't supported with Blu-Ray, so no, I don't think you'll be allowed to turn it on until a compatible device and signal are present.

I don't have any information on the crosstalk, other than what I've seen on the forums, which is 2-3 posts. I don't have any status available on fixes or proposed fixes.

--HDTech

Collapse -
hdmi audio passsthrough
by Arr MiHardies / July 4, 2010 6:29 AM PDT
In reply to: re

I too would love to see hdmi audio passthrough. I hate that I have to sacrifice either 3d support from my ps3 or lossless audio. hdmi audio passthrough really is a must, and I don't know why tv manufacturers havent supported it. Is this perhaps a feature that can be added to tvs through a firmware3 update?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.