Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Question

Having trouble downloading AVG 2013

by Judyallen718 / March 31, 2013 11:23 AM PDT

I keep getting the error message:

Error Code 0XE001003D - installation failed.. please help! I uninstalled my old version figuring that would help but it didn't. Thanks!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Having trouble downloading AVG 2013
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Having trouble downloading AVG 2013
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you..
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 1, 2013 4:41 AM PDT

Judy ..

When uninstalling the older version, did you make use of the AVG Remover tool? If not, it can be found here:

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/utilities - Read AVG installation is failing for detailed instructions. Bypass the offer to pay a fee for remote help!

The sticky at the top of the AVG forum titled "AVG 2012 (incl. Previous Versions) Uninstall / Re-Install Instructions" should also apply to installing AVG 2013. The only exception would be at the bottom of the page, where they provide a link for the AVG 2012 offline installer. That same link should bring you to where you can find the 2013 offline installer.

Some have also had success installing AVG in Windows Safe Mode.

If you continue to experience problems, I would further suggest you post at our AVG Forum.

Best of luck..
Carol

Collapse -
not working
by Judyallen718 / April 14, 2013 12:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Did you..

When I download the remove tool it quickly flashes up and then goes away?? I can't download the AVG free edition!!! HELP!!!! I am not computer illiterate, however I am FAR FROM A genius!!! LOL... so to start in safe mode!?!??! have no clue!!! Find out what version of windows I have..no clue!!! HELP!!!!...

Collapse -
Re: Not working
by Carol~ Forum moderator / April 15, 2013 2:09 AM PDT
In reply to: not working

Hi Judy..

>> Find out what version of windows I have..no clue!!! HELP!!!!...<<

There are various ways to check. The easiest way might be to left-click on Start, then right-click on My Computer/Computer. Select Properties from the menu. The "System Properties" window will appear, where you will see the name of the Operating System. Also which Service Pack is installed.

Alternatively, you can go to: Start>Programs>Accessories>System tools>System information. You will find the System Summary at the right-hand side.

>>so to start in safe mode!?!??<<

The instructions to start in Windows Safe Mode were in my prior post.

>>When I download the remove tool it quickly flashes up and then goes away??<<

Which browser are you using? Internet Explorer? Firefox? Google Chrome? Did you follow the instructions to the letter? For instance, step #3. How did you know which bit version to choose?

"AVG installation may also fail when there is a conflicting application installed on your computer, such as another anti-virus, anti-malware or internet security program." Are you sure this is not the cause?

Prior to trying to install AVG, I would recommend you do a scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. It's free. If you have any problems downloading, installing or updating, kindly let us know.

Best of luck..
Carol

Collapse -
Answer
Re-trouble downloading AVG 2013
by mariamenounous / April 24, 2013 9:10 PM PDT

Hello Judyallen718,

For the error code 0XE001003D, you need a proper internet connection for full installation.. Well, I suggest you use the AVG removal tool that you will get in Avg original website to remove all aspects of AVG from your system. Once you have used the removal tool, then try again to install AVG (whatever product(s) you have) and see if it/they now function(s) properly.
Prior remnants of AVG almost always are the cause of this error.

If that doesn't work, remove everything again but this time try bypassing the AVG download manager and install AVG directly.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,090 discussions
icon
Security 30,722 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
icon
Phones 16,252 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

CNET's Oh, Snap! Sweepstakes

Enter for a chance to win* a 360-degree camera

Do you Snapchat? We want you to snap for this sweepstakes and give you the chance to get your hands on the Theta S so you can make your very own 360-degree videos.