Windows 7 forum

Question

Having Issues with ROOT\PROGRAMMING_SUPPORT\0001 and 0002..

by Walking Dude / April 2, 2013 6:39 AM PDT

Said device drivers was not installed properly. I have NO clue what devices they are talking about. Tried winblows update to no avail. Since I don't know the devices, I can't reinstall the drivers. Please help.

WD

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Having Issues with ROOT\PROGRAMMING_SUPPORT\0001 and 0002..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Having Issues with ROOT\PROGRAMMING_SUPPORT\0001 and 0002..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Winblows can cause folk to run away.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 7:04 AM PDT

Anytime I see that, the member is sometimes a bit on the acid side. Think about this and avoid that when you want to attract help.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Link follows.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 6:42 AM PDT
Collapse -
When I do a Systems Information
by Walking Dude / April 2, 2013 8:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Link follows.

and click on Components and go to problem devices, this is what is shows:

Programmable Root Enumerator. PNP Device is Root\Programming_Support\0001. It also sez this for 0002. This device is not working properly because windows cannot load the drivers for this device.

I also see this in Resource and performace monitor.

Collapse -
Let's recap how to install windows.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 8:41 AM PDT

You boot the DVD and do the basic OS install such as you may see at http://www.blackviper.com/os-install-guides/windows-7-install-guide/

But that's just the beginning. Your supplier should offer a step by step or even a guide to what drivers and in what order to install the drivers.

I'd have to guess you expected better but that's me guessing. Even Windows 8 requires folk to find and install drivers (in the right order.)
Bob

Collapse -
What drivers are these
by Walking Dude / April 2, 2013 9:32 AM PDT

What devices are these?

Your saying I should do a clean install?
Its a Asus Sabertooth 990fx rev.1 board with win7 pro.

Collapse -
Same as any other machine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 9:38 AM PDT
In reply to: What drivers are these

Motherboard, chipsets, video, audio, etc. No one but the machine's maker would know exactly what drivers to use and in what order. There's a generic order I use but you must pry this information out of the machine's maker.
Bob

PS. Why did you ask about a clean install? If this is the first install, how could it be dirty?

Collapse -
I think its my
by Walking Dude / April 2, 2013 10:18 AM PDT

Amd minport driver. Due to one of my vid cards. Also a raid driver, which I don't use.

Collapse -
Let's recap.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 2, 2013 10:24 AM PDT
In reply to: I think its my

This discussion is not progressing because of a lack of detail. But given the story so far it sounds like the machine's maker has yet to install a good complete install of Windows.

Your misuse or misspelling might give me an idea you don't care for Windows or expected Microsoft to automatically find drivers. Sorry but it's still the same old install routine. And again, the maker of the PC must supply the outline of the install.

From your posts I take it that you need to talk to the machine's maker before you give up.
Bob

Collapse -
Your Lack
by Walking Dude / April 2, 2013 2:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Let's recap.

of respect is un-called for. Cause you can talk forum-is is MY fault. Mispelling is done all the time in less formal forums is MY FAULT!

READ MY LAST POST! i found what devices was causing my problems. NO RESPONSE TO THAT INFO, to me is a lack of respect!!!!!

Good god why do i continue to use this useless forum. Used to be helpful, not hateful.

Collapse -
I hear you.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2013 12:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Your Lack

And there are folk that scream like that when they supply a minidump from a blue screen of death.

If you research the device in question it's the same old cause of a bum install of Windows.

-> I think you expect me to guess the make/model machine and which driver you need from the slim details but as you can tell by the responders so far in all your posts across the internet this means that the details matter.

Your last reply tells folk you don't want to participate in your own discussion. I can't guess why but feel free to tell everyone how your feel about the state of the industry and more.

I'll work with folk even with such outbursts but to really make progress you need to dig in and supply the details. If such is not available then you take it to the shop you work with and have them fix it.
Bob

Collapse -
Let me just chime in here
by wpgwpg / April 3, 2013 1:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Your Lack

I'm with Bob. It's your outburst that's uncalled for. Why don't you take the time to explain your exact configuration and step by step what was done to install Windows. One thing I haven't seen is comment about Device Manager. Have you looked for ! or ? there? That can be helpful in determining missing or incorrect drivers.
If all else fails, you can check the rather cryptic system event log. To do that click Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. Once in Event Viewer click on the system log and scroll through the entries looking for those flagged "error" to see if you can find hints as to where the problem could be.
`
Good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.