Computer Help

Question

Have to push power button multiple times to start PC!?!

by sonicdeth / July 26, 2011 11:33 PM PDT

Ok, so a few months or so again I had the motherboard as well as the power supply replaced in my tower. Ever since having that done I had to many times hit the power button twice. The first time I'd hit it it would just turn off after about 2 seconds... and then the second time it would go all the way through and start up. Sometimes it would even just stop at a blank DOS screen with the blinking little underscore line. I thought that it was because I was unplugging it every time I turned it off, so I stopped doing that and it ended up starting up completely after only hitting the power button once. Well after being fine for a while, it really started acting up lately.... now sometimes it takes me several times to get it started... it will just begin to start and then I'd see the BIOS screen, then it would go to a black/blank dos screen with the blinking underscore..... Not sure exactly what is going on. I tried unplugging it and then holding down the power button on my PC for 30 secs to drain what power is left in there to refresh it and that seems to do the trick... but this is all very tedious... any advice? I have no clue what thte problem could be.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Have to push power button multiple times to start PC!?!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Have to push power button multiple times to start PC!?!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
(NT) Tried A New Power Supply And A New Power Button?
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 26, 2011 11:52 PM PDT
Collapse -
new psu
by sonicdeth / July 27, 2011 2:11 AM PDT

Had a new power supply installed with the new motherboard months ago. Maybe its the power supply? I have no idea of where to even look at what it could be. I didn't reinstall windows when I got the new motherboard and power supply, I just reactivated it. Could that have anything to do with it?

Collapse -
I didn't reinstall windows when I got the new motherboard
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 27, 2011 2:16 AM PDT
In reply to: new psu

"I didn't reinstall windows when I got the new motherboard"

That's a great clue as Windows rarely gets the drivers right. Too bad all the details are missing. I can't find make, model, PSU rating and more.

This is either the OS or a power supply that's barely big enough. But I can't tell from the story so far.
Bob

Collapse -
Well Then, Try Reinstalling The OS First
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 27, 2011 3:45 AM PDT
In reply to: new psu

...then try the power supply if the clean OS install and correct drivers for the motherboard/chipset and other hardware don't help.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
Tried To Reinstall Windows.. even bigger problem now!
by sonicdeth / July 28, 2011 1:02 AM PDT

Well now I have run into a bigger problem! First off, it's an HP Pavillion desktop computer, and several months ago I replaced the moboard with an Intel. Anyway, here's the problem now... I tried to do a fresh install of Vista and at the end I got a "System Configuration Error" and it had a message saying to contact the manufacturer and at the end it had (code purple.) I looked this up and apparently HP "tattoos" their computers so if everything isn't the exact same, then the recover disks or recovery partition will not work. So, now I'm stuck with a computer that just goes to that message. The computer didn't come with a full version of Windows Vista.. only the recovery disks that created right when I got it and the recovery partition. Anyone know any way around this?

Collapse -
Then You Have Two Options...
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 1:18 AM PDT

Yes, that's correct... Replacement of the original MOBO with a different motherboard requires a new operating system install and generally the recovery discs won't get it done, for a number of reasons.. The motherboard swap is probably the general culprit in all of your recent problems because the Windows installation didn't correctly recognize the hardware it was using.

So your options are to contact HP and see if they have a recovery disc which will accommodate your MOBO change, (they probably won't have such but it's worth a check), and if that doesn't work, then you'll need to install a full legal operating system and all the associated drivers. If you want Vista, or XP, or Windows 7, then you'll need to purchase such..or you can move toward free versions of Ubuntu, etc. The difficulty with any of these options is you'll need to obtain the correct hardware drivers for any of the operating systems you use.. HP may, or may not have the drivers for the OS you choose and certainly, you'll need to obtain the correct motherboard/chipset driver for the new motherboard.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
HP and OEM config
by Willy / July 28, 2011 10:34 AM PDT

Since you've replaced the mtrbd and you mentioned its a non-HP(intel) one, then you're SOL. You already found out the recovery/restore discs won't work or complete the install. Non-HP mtrbds. aren't supported and now you're out of the HP world. As explained to you, you need a retail version of an OS in order to install. You will then need once done the required drivers, etc. to complete the install. Sorry, having a HP system locked you in the OS license area and there is no way around this using HP anymore. Unless, I missed something you have brick for a system until an entire new OS is available. Forget about using any google hints/tips/cure to get around this as HP is the worst of the lot to in such matters.

Collapse -
(NT) Sorry but for OEM licenses, all are equally worst.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 11:31 AM PDT
In reply to: HP and OEM config
Collapse -
might be a way...
by sonicdeth / July 28, 2011 11:17 PM PDT
In reply to: HP and OEM config

I've read something about using a Linux Live CD to get around this. I'm going to research it today and see what's involved. Also, it is a bit lame that if you have to replace something in the HP then you need to buy windows again! What a pain in the ****! Their crappy motherboard went bad, and because of it I'll be out all this money most likely... the moboard that was in my particular machine was known to be notoriously faulty.

Collapse -
Actually the way is well known.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 29, 2011 1:08 AM PDT
In reply to: might be a way...

To maintain the license we have to replace it with the HP motherboard. That's it. The license is tied to HP and what's wrong with that?
Bob

Collapse -
doesn't seem fair....
by sonicdeth / July 29, 2011 2:08 AM PDT

So, I've already bought the HP machine and created my recovery disks as instructed... Now, if a piece of hardware inside needs to be replaced then the machine stops working and I need to purchase windows? This doesn't seem a bit silly to you? Plus, in researching online it appears that the particular FoxConn moboard that is in my model of HP Pavillion is notoriously faulty. So if I spend the money to replace their low-quality motherboard, why should I need to throw out a ton of money to buy the OS again?

Collapse -
oh....
by sonicdeth / July 29, 2011 2:12 AM PDT
In reply to: doesn't seem fair....

Also, if memory serves me right I believe I did search for the original Foxconn moboard and it wasn't available anymore, this is why I had to go with the new Intel.

Collapse -
(NT) So all this above and the real topic is the OS License?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 29, 2011 2:38 AM PDT
In reply to: oh....
Collapse -
Not at all. The license and agreements are
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 29, 2011 2:38 AM PDT
In reply to: doesn't seem fair....

Well, all spelled out for all to see. The license must be tied to something and it's the motherboard.

-> But here's the thing that infuriates many. You did not buy the OS.

You had a license and it's invalidated under some conditions. Many feel that's unfair but if it is, why did you enter into that agreement?

As to the motherboard having no replacement, that's always an issue. Again, a personal choice of what company to deal with.
Bob

Collapse -
this is getting old....
by sonicdeth / July 29, 2011 3:12 AM PDT

Whatever, all this talk over licensing issues is getting boring, it already was in the beginning. It's all just more red tape to jump through, as if we already don't have enough in this world. As far as your question asking me why I entered into the agreement... Are you serious? Who, when they buy a computer is informed of this information upon purchase?? I bought it at Best Buy and was never told by the clerk, "by the way, if you need to replace the motherboard for any reason, then you need to purchase Windows." With all due respect, the question of why did I agree to enter into the agreement just sounds really silly! Anyway, I didn't come on here to spar back and forth with people on knowledge of licensing issues, I came on here to try to get my PC back up and running. I'll do what I have to do to get my PC back up and running. It's just an inconvience really along with a financial burden.... Setting aside all the comments of superior knowledge of licensing and other such boring topics, I think we can all agree that it stinks not having a computer... Thank you to all who have submitted info to try and help, hopefully I can get my computer back sometime soon.

Collapse -
It may sound silly but it is an agreement and contract.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 29, 2011 3:17 AM PDT

Here we have dozens of post and now we are getting down to what the real question was.

I see you didn't get the hint that you didn't buy the OS.

The license agreement issue is an old one.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
This is where folk learn about Windows Licensing.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 28, 2011 2:19 AM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.