Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Has anyone purchased a computer with Vista on it?

by lisa_blakey / March 14, 2007 12:00 AM PDT

Tell us what you think, how does it work, are you happy. Not everyone is upgrading. Some people are starting from scratch with a new computer, so your imput would be great.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Has anyone purchased a computer with Vista on it?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Has anyone purchased a computer with Vista on it?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
pre-installed vista
by ramarc / March 14, 2007 12:20 AM PDT

I bought a Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista Premium pre-installed when Vista launched. (Core2Duo, 1gb ram, 120gb hard drive, Intel integrated graphics.) I haven't had too many OS/hardware problems but I still don't like it.

Some of the Toshiba software seems flaky (I get the "Toshiba flash cards has stopped functioning" error using an SD card with ReadyBoost). My DVD drive stopped recognizing CDs once but powering off/on corrected the issue.

Occasionally, my screen will just go blank for half a second; don't know why but it's very irritating. If I shutdown the laptop and close the lid before its done, the laptop will go into sleep mode and then finish shutting down when it's reopened.

The default wi-fi settings make it somewhat difficult to be in a home network. It took a bit of fiddling to make my home network "public" and to turn network discovery on.

I installed Firefox and Thunderbird but still use IE and Windows Mail as my primary browser/e-mail. Even after setting the defaults in the control panel, Firefox is still launched if an app (such as Google Desktop) tries to open a web page. IE says it is the default browser, and Firefox says it is not the default browser, but FF always opens.

Collapse -
I bought a laptop
by FpLiOnYkD / March 14, 2007 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: pre-installed vista

I bought an inexpensive laptop with Vista Premium. Inially it was slow, but after getting rid of all the programs in startup, I am learning to like it. There are some changes and you need to use the "help" to figure them out. I found if I go to the "help" and type in the old term, I receive instrucions on what changes have been made. Security is over the top, in my opinion. You can hardly do anything without permission. That being said, you can disable this in "user accounts".

If you decide to get a new computer with Vista Premium, Get one with at least 2 gig of ram and a 256 Video card. I currently have 2 computers running Vista. One with a gig of ram, the other has 2 gigs. The 2 gig computer does run more smoothly. However, That computer also has a better processor and faster hard drive. If you are a gamer, you will need a dedicated graphics card, not one on the motherboard.

For the most part, I like Vista. There are some new things to get used to. The best part is, if you have problems, you can most likely get help from all the nice people in this forum.

Collapse -
Google Desktop
by Igiveup2 / March 14, 2007 2:25 AM PDT

Google desktop is my least favorite feature of the Toshiba package. It's a resource hog and largely redundant with the added features of Vista, plus another thing you have to tweak the settings on, like default browser settings. Disabling it from the startup freed up about 250 MB of RAM. That can make a big difference in the performance of a 1 GB machine under light to medium resource apps.

Collapse -
I bought same laptop most likely (4427)
by rockdawg / March 16, 2007 12:03 PM PDT

I agree that I haven't had many problems with the Toshiba I purchased about a month ago. I haven't had any issues with the wireless connectivity other than the range doesn't seem to be very far. I also experienced the flash card program not responding with Vista. However, I got frustrated with Vista overall. Yes, it looks cool, but this 3D Aero Flip thing is really lame in my opinion. Even with 1GB of RAM, the OS didn't seem to really have oomph to it. I recently wiped the drive and installed WinXP Pro. I am much happier. I did have to visit the Intel and Realtek sites and download drivers for some of the hardware as the drivers that came with the laptop were all Vista drivers and would NOT work with XP. Anyway, everything is working correctly except for the "Fn" keys. None of those seem to work. I guess I can live with that for now. If I upgrade the RAM to 2GB, I 'might' reinstall Vista. But not right now.

Collapse -
same system
by cooltigerplus / March 16, 2007 11:25 PM PDT

Hi! Lisa,

I have same computer as you, I bought it since two months ago, in the beginning I had a lot problems with software and printer (that I bought 8 months ago), but I have been updating and I use Firefox instead of IE.
I have problem using IE since is taking too long to download a page and sometimes doesn't connect to internet. But I still feeling when I use Firefox is not running faster as does with XP and I getting more spies even using Spybot search&destroy to clean all those spies.

Collapse -
Back to XP.
by Takau / March 18, 2007 4:03 PM PDT

I just got a new VGN-FE880 Sony vaio notebook Preinstalled with Windows Vista home premium. Came with 2gig of Ram, Intel core duo t5500 @ 1.66GHz. I was having problems running some games with the GM945 familychipset. Did some research and all the people with Vista were having the same problems. Decided to reformat and go back to windows XP. Home sp2. Had a few problems finding drivers but XP seemed to work very well with the games i play. Only problem is now i cant seem to find an Audio driver that will work with my computer, been looking for a few days now no luck.

Collapse -
Back to XP - have you found the ethernet and audio drivers?
by anrobles / April 5, 2007 4:47 AM PDT
In reply to: Back to XP.

Have you found the ethernet and/or audio drivers for xp on the sony vaio fe880 yet?

Collapse -
same problem
by stinnable / April 10, 2007 4:55 AM PDT

I really need help with this too, i have the vgn n220e and i just installed xp on it but i have no drivers

Collapse -
Just one issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2007 4:58 AM PDT
In reply to: same problem

This is lisa_blakey's discussion. You are buried in that discussion as well as asking for help of XP in a Vista forum.

Try making your own discussion in the forum that matches the OS you want help on.

Collapse -
I bought one too
by Mark Mac / April 22, 2007 5:44 PM PDT

I bought a new Lenovo with all the right stuff and Vista Business edition. My firewall now won't let me access the Internet, my mouse does not work with my KVM stitch, Outlook will not open, EXCEL has compatibility problems and it is so sloooooooooooooooooooooow. Not to mention the intermittent re-boots. I have downloaded a bucket load of updates (MS-OFFICE 2002, CA Internet Security Suite, etc. Some programs e.g. Adobe Acrobat Standard 6, haven't got Vista upgrades, some just won't instal or load.

I want to go back to XP Pro so I have created a complete backup (5 4.7 GB single sided DVDs) to restore it later. I will reformat, create 2 partitions and load XP. When all is rosy again, I will load Vista on the other partition from the complete backup I have created. And then wait for Vista Service Pack 2, but have a play in the meantime.

Can anybody give some advice on this strategy?

Mark MAC

Collapse -
Two things...
by John.Wilkinson / April 23, 2007 3:02 AM PDT
In reply to: I bought one too

First, some have reported problems reinstalling XP after installing Vista, so if you encounter problems you can use DBAN (freeware) to wipe the hard drive for a fresh start.

Also, when it comes time to bring Vista back you'll have problems. The backup will not include any knowledge of XP since it will be installed later, and once restored will assume it, as the only OS present, is supposed to be on C:\. You may be able to restore Vista to a secondary partition, but you'll then have to perform a repair installation on Vista to make the system bootable again.

Personally, I'd use a third-party partitioning application, such as GParted (freeware), to split the current partition in two, install XP to the second partition, perform a Startup Repair option on Vista (boot to the Vista DVD and select the repair option from the bottom left corner instead of proceeding with the installation process), and then set XP as the primary OS. It would work out the same as your proposed method but it would be a bit easier since you wouldn't have to mess with restoring Vista from backup.

Just some thoughts.

Collapse -
Vista and XP co-existence
by Mark Mac / April 23, 2007 6:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Two things...

Thanks for your advice. I thought a reformat when loading XP would sort the hard drive but thanks for the warning. And I will create the 2 partitions at this time.

I did understand about what Vista does to your drive lettering, the XP drive will be renamed to D:. To sort out which drive to boot from, I will be using EasyBCD.

And I assume that I will be able to "restore" Vista from the 5 DVDs it took to create the Vista backup. Or did I do this incorrectly (I was expecting only 1 maybe 2 DVDs). I don't have a Vista DVD as it was preloaded.

Mark MAC

Collapse -
Two different sets of DVDs...
by John.Wilkinson / April 23, 2007 11:33 AM PDT

Manufacturers include a hidden partition on the hard drive which contains a copy of the operating system and preinstalled software from which you can burn a set of recovery CDs/DVDs. These discs, when used, would wipe everything on the hard drive to a factory state and offer no option to include any personal files, installed programs, etc. The grand total is usually 8 CDs or 2 DVDs.

As a Vista Business user, however, you also have the ability to use Vista's new PC Backup feature. It is a true cloning application, designed to backup everything on the drive, including your files and programs. It can be used to restore a single partition, and can even be booted in a virtual machine. (The image is actually based on Virtual PC 2007 images.) This can take 5 or more DVDs, so it sounds like this is the one you're using.

Personally, I'd recommend using both. The former is necessary if you ever want a clean start, need to repair Windows, or want to sell the computer. The latter, on the other hand, makes it far more convenient to restore your PC without reinstalling everything from scratch.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Finally sorted
by Mark Mac / April 26, 2007 9:15 AM PDT

I was pulling my hair out trying to find out how to create the recovery CD/DVD. It turns out that the pre-installed image which includes ThinkVantage software didn't have this option included. Lenovo are sending me out a Vista CD/DVD.

Thanks for your advice John.

Collapse -
Lenovo with Vista Home Premium preloaded
by Merkie139 / April 26, 2007 2:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Finally sorted

How did you get Lenovo to send you the Vista disks?

Collapse -
Requirements for getting a Vista CD
by susien428 / September 5, 2007 10:37 PM PDT

You have to be in Warranty to get it- otherwise there is no problem. You call and give them your type (which is a number and letters on the back of your laptop) and also your serial number

Collapse -
How much did they charge?
by susien428 / September 5, 2007 10:32 PM PDT
In reply to: Finally sorted

I ordered a Recovery CD for Windows Vista Business yesterday. t cost $45 plus tax plus shipping and handling and totalled $51.39.This seems a little high, considering that manufacturers used to include a Recovery CD.

Collapse -
My bet is this will increase with time. Why?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 5, 2007 10:49 PM PDT

As time passes there will be less made and so the amortization of costs will pile up on the few that need these. My latest laptop offered to make restore DVDs so I did. TWICE!

Collapse -
HP dv6255us charge for recovery CDs
by cpacc87 / September 6, 2007 4:23 AM PDT

I have Windows Vista Home Premium and HP charges only $14.95 plus tax and shipping and handling, for a total of $15.92. I'm not sure why you were charged so much more... Maybe because it's Windows Vista Business but it shouldn't be $35 more for those CDs from Vista home premium.

Collapse -
How to create restore dvds on preloaded windows vista
by j3hdz / July 26, 2007 3:37 PM PDT

Could you please tell me how to create restore dvds on a preloaded windows vista in a Compaq v3000 ?

Collapse -
Run the HP Recovery Manager...
by John.Wilkinson / July 27, 2007 3:01 PM PDT

You'll find a shortcut for the HP Recovery Manager in the Start Menu...launch it and follow the on-screen instructions. Keep in mind that it may only accept DVD+Rs, without explicitly stating such, so it's best to start there instead of purchasing DVD-R and having them not work.

Hope this helps,

Collapse -
New laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed
by techie / March 14, 2007 1:02 AM PDT

I bought a new computer 2 weeks ago with Vista Home Premium installed. Its a Compaq 2.0 GHz processor, 1Gb Ram, etc. Vista runs great for me. I havent had much problems with it besides the software that is not compatible which is a pain sometimes. The eye candy is very nice on it but i disabled some of it cuz i just didnt need it. The new interface takes a little getting used to cuz they renamed some stuff and of course some of the icons are different plus they added more features. The Picture viewer in xp is replaced by windows photo gallery which sometimes takes a little while to load and when ur not sure if u did click the file u end up with 3 -4 instances open. The 2 other bugs i found was in trying to assign quota management and it would jus open the same window all the time and when i put a memory stick the first time windows assigned the drive letter to one of my network drives so of course i couldnt find it!
Overall i find it to be a stable OS though

Collapse -
We bought a Lap top AND a desk top the same day with Vista
by twalker80 / March 16, 2007 4:10 PM PDT

We bought a Lap top AND a desk top the same day with Vista Installed in both. We couldn't wait to try out the new operating system! Three days later we were both at out wits ends with one problem after another. I got so sick and tired of being asked and re-asked if I was sure if I wanted to do something... I have over 90 games and computer programs that I paid good money for and 12 of the games were compatible on vista. Microsoft has got to laughing all the way to the bank on this one... On my 4th day of total frustration, I came home and totally wiped out my hard drive and reinstalled my windows XP Pro. Then I spent the next week trying to get together all the drivers need to fix the quirks I had. Compaq was no help to me. They offered me drivers for my computer, but they were all geared for vista because that is the way I bought it.I was like a demon the took over my computer.But I won. My computer runs and acts perfect now. My husband has since wiped out his also. His was harder to fix all the problems because he got NO support from the ACCER company, but he finially got it all together and we both agree, with the excepion of the so called "eye candy", vista just sucked big time!

Collapse -
Bought new HP w/Vista
by msmr4now / March 14, 2007 9:23 AM PDT

I bought a new HP the same day Vista came out. (Tried to buy it earlier but none of the local stores were selling PC's until Vista's debut day.) I bought a HP a1730n Pavillion w/a 19" flat screen wide monitor and an all-in-one printer. It's still not working right. No drivers for the printer or the monitor. Several apps I transferred from my old PC won't work due to no drivers. Web cam microphone won't work due to drivers missing. Came with a 60 day free trial of Norton but it doesn't work.
I wanted to get a PC with XP on it but it wasn't an option. One day Vista will probably be great but it's not now. Needs much work. MS should not have released it without ensuring most major hardware and software would work with it.
And I'll be clear, it's not the hardware, HP makes great PC's. But I did spend 4 hrs. on the phone with a HP tech trying to solve a problem so....!

Collapse -
bought a new PC with vista
by wneus / March 14, 2007 10:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Bought new HP w/Vista

I bought an Emachine processor 820 with 1024 MB and Vista Home premium. I have a 4in1 printer HP 5510. When I bought my last PC with windows XP I have a hard time getting the printer to work. I downloaded 8 different drivers then after 3 calls to HP I got it working. This time with VISTA it found the printer and it works with no problems. Even the Fax works. I have a lot of "hoggist" software such as Microsoft publisher 2000, Photoshop elements and sony Vegas. They loaded on with no problems. The only problem I had with software was my Quicken 4.0. About 10 versions behind. I knew that would be a problem. Quicken had me download trial versions of 6.0 and windows 98. I had to restore my 4.0 to 6.0 then backup and restore that to window 98 version then backup and restore that to Quicken 2007. It took a while to do all that but it is working.
Overall,except for the Quicken, I would have to say this was probably the easist new PC installation I ever had. Over the past 5 or 6 years I have installed 6 new PC's, 3 of mine and 3 of my wife's.

Collapse -
HP Pavilion dv6255us Bought New w/ Vista Installed
by nobleserf / March 14, 2007 10:28 AM PDT

Hello... I ordered a new HP Pavilion dv6255us laptop. I've now had it for about 4 weeks. It came with Vista Home Premium installed. It took about 2 hours or so to get the machine up and running and talking with my wireless dsl service. The first thing... neither my samsung laser printer (ML1210) or my brother all in one (210C) have complete driver sets available which are compatible with Vista. Thus, features are limited. My HP camera and my Pentax camera will work with Vista, but again... only to a limited degree as there is not full driver support. As for the software itself... I've enjoyed using it. But... let me share a few things with you. About one week into using the machine... I put it into hibernation and left for the day. Got back home, and the machine would not respond. The led lights indicated power ... but, nothing was happening. I played with it for about 30 minutes. Finally... it responded and booted up. I contacted HP immediately through their internet chat. The guy helping me was an idiot. I told him so. He wanted me to reformat my hard drive and to reinstall my software etc.... I ended further conversation/discussion with him. I phoned HP. The guy on the other end of the phone knew instantly the problem. It seems that there was some type of conflict between the bios and vista regarding power management. We flashed the bios with an update and that cured the problem. Took all of 15 minutes. Separately... I've noticed that IE7 drags at times... almost locks up. I downloaded the current version of Maxthon (a wonderful browser built on IE). And, it works perfectly. I wish I had been given the option of buying the laptop with XP on it. Unfortunately... I have just got to deal with it and continue with Vista. My machine has the AMD Turion 64 Dual Core 1.8ghz processor, 2gb memory, 160gb sata drive, nvidia geforce go 6150 graphics w/ 288mb of shared video memory etc.... The only thing I would change... I wish I had bought the larger 12 cell battery. The stock battery isn't enough. If you are considering the purchase of a computer with Vista... trust me, you will need 2gb of memory. My machine routinely uses anywhere from 900mb to 1.4gb of memory depending on whether I have other applications open and running.

Collapse -
Vista is fine so far!
by indy2001 / March 14, 2007 10:56 AM PDT

When my 6-year-old HP Pavilion 523n XP-based machine started showing signs of its age last month (hard drive problems) I bought a new Pavilion m7790y direct from HP, along with a 19" monitor and all-in-one printer/scanner. I "built" the computer myself from their website, so I outfitted it to work well with the pre-installed Vista Home Premium -- 2.13 GHz dual-core processors, 2 GB SDRAM, 320 GB SATA hard drive, LightScribe DVD-RW drive, DVD-ROM drive, 15-in-1 memory card reader, TV tuner, NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE graphics card, and so on. With the monitor and printer/scanner, it cost $1200 or so. Were I to do it again, I would install more RAM -- I'll probably buy 2 GB more to bring it up to 4 GB, although the ReadyBoost feature with a thumb drive is intriguing. I had some problems with low memory errors while running the graphics-intensive memory hog Flight Simulator X software, but that had more to do with the game settings than anything else and has since been resolved.

Since my old XP computer is still running (minus a hard drive that crashed) with almost all of the software still functioning, I have decided to keep the new machine as lean and clean as I can. The software that I've installed includes MS Office 2003, Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, Adobe PageMaker 7.0, Adobe Acrobat 5.05, MathType 5, Norton Internet Security 2007, Advanced WindowsCare V2 Pro, and Microsoft Flight Simulator X. The only software that I would like to install but have not yet been able to is Adobe Illustrator 8.01.

The only Vista-related problems I've encountered have been a few abrubt reboots during multimedia sessions, but they have usually been while I was getting ahead of myself and issuing commands and clicking the mouse before the computer was ready for them. Perhaps due to the increased security that occurs behind-the-scenes, but Vista does seem to be noticeably slower than XP.

I have also had some frustration in the area of drivers from, of all places, Hewlett-Packard. The CD-ROMs that came with the monitor and the printer/scanner were not to be used with Vista. The basic drivers were available online at the HP website, but the updates for those drivers have been slow in coming. I get regular e-mails from HP Support touting "updated" drivers, but they have all been older than the drivers that are already installed. That said, however, the monitor and printer/scanner seem to be functioning quite well.

My opinion of Vista so far on this computer is generally favorable, although I certainly don't see it as a revolutionary change over XP. This certainly isn't the same as moving from Windows 3.1 to 95, from 95 to 98, or even from 98 to XP. If your machine is outfitted with the proper hardware and memory, then Vista is fine, and even fun. (I'm listening to BBC 1 radio on one of the sidebar "gadgets" as I write this.) But I would have been just as happy with an new computer that worked well under XP.

Collapse -
HP Pavilion M7750N with Vista
by robliu69 / April 14, 2007 1:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Vista is fine so far!

I purchased a HP Pavilion M7750N with Vista Home Premium a few weeks ago and I have had nothing but grief with this system. What a piece of c#%p this PC has turned out to be. I also purchased a HP C-6180 to go with it and the salesperson never told me that most of the features would not work because HP had not released the Vista drivers for it. I was very disappointed when I brought the system home and hooked it up for the first time. I was told by HP tech support to use a web browser to scan images into my PC - that s*&ks. None of the software which came with the C6180 was compatible with Vista, so I returned it and got a Brother MFC instead. At least Brother had decent drivers for Vista.

When I tried to create backup recovery DVDs I would get error messages. I called HP tech support and they told me they would ship me recovery CDs and not DVDs. I created the CDs myself, so instead of having 2 DVDs now I have 11 CDs.

Everytime I connect a new device through the USB or Firewire port I have to tell Vista where to locate the drivers - usually they are located in the Windows\system32 folder. Takes me 10 minutes everytime I try to connect a new USB thumb drive. This is very annoying.

My Plextor ConvertX PX-M402U barely works with HP/Vista and is very unstable. Same goes for my Coolmax CD-510. Capturing videos from my Sony DV camera fails most of the time when I use Windows Movie Maker. My Nero software which is Vista compatible fails everytime I try to capture video. None of my old software works under Vista/HP.

Finally my HP Pavilion M7750N crapped out last week. The Vista operating system would not load. I called HP tech support and after running a few menu driven test they told me I had to backup my drive and do a distructive Recovery. HP tech support s*$ks because they don't have any Vista specialist to help you debug or troubleshoot problems using the DOS prompt. If they can't fix your problem using the menu driven system they will give you an ultimatum - Perform a distructive recovery and lose all your data or else you are on your own. The last time I spoke to a supervisor at HP he asked me if I wanted to do a full recovery and I told him I would like some decent tech support. At that point he thanked me for calling HP and rudely hung up on me. Has anyone tried to call HP lately? It takes about 45 minutes to get a hold of someone. HP support totally s*#ks.

Man - if only I could get my money back. I should have stuck with Dell. My Dell/XP has served me very well for almost 6 years. Well - you live and learn.

Collapse -
HP Pavilion m7750n with AMD & Vista
by blackash / March 14, 2007 11:04 AM PDT

This model has 2 GB of memory and a large hard drive which makes it much more athletic than my old (near death) Windows XP computer from the fall of 2001. Overall I like the computer and with the following caveats the Vista Home Premium OS installed on it.

For a non-tech layman like me it seems very buggy. I plugged it in and had it going within an hour or so when I picked it up two weeks ago, but my Epson scanner doesn't work (and never will, evidently) and the printer drivers for the HP 7760 Photosmart aren't compatible with Vista. I ended up just connecting them back to my Mac Mini and concentrated on the network connections.

The new Vista machine found the other computers without any effort on my part and I was able to go online almost immediately, but I'm still unable to access files on the Mac with the Vista computer. It keeps asking for passwords (where there are none) and giving me various error messages.

My biggest problem has been in keeping my DVD drives working. I've restored the system about a half dozen times now and through trial and error have finally found the software that was causing the drivers to not load. I purchased a Canon Digital Rebel camera last summer and a pack of photograhic image editing software came with it. The Image Browser program seems to be the culprit and when I stopped installing it the DVD/CD drives kept working.

I've also had problems with Norton's update working properly and Family Tree Makers web browser within it's program, but these have been minor problems compared to the DVD/CD drivers.

Collapse -
Vista is OK - some software is a real pain
by AceChase / March 18, 2007 12:02 AM PDT

We bought a new Vendor-built PC with Vista Home premium installed. We only do some accounting, internet stuff and music conversion. This was the big problem. I was really looking forward to Nero 7.7.5. Bummer. It wouldn't install properly, they wouldn't help, and I'm now seeking a refund from PayPal. It even closed out my drive and it wouldn't restart. A nightmare. Other than that, Vista is fine, and I don't blame it for the Nero problem. Finding this site has kept me sane through all of this mess, though.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.