Speakeasy

General discussion

Has anyone been sent to revive Toni yet?

by Josh K / November 7, 2012 12:28 AM PST
Devil

Donald Trump's Twitter rant was hysterical. The man has really stepped off the curb. No clue how a democracy works, apparently. Donald, sometimes it means your guy loses.

I was almost tempted to turn on Rush Limbaugh's show to listen to him blow a gasket. Bachmann and Palin should be good for a few laughs too.
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Has anyone been sent to revive Toni yet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Has anyone been sent to revive Toni yet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Oh boy! We get to bash Obama some more!!
by James Denison / November 7, 2012 1:06 AM PST
Grin 4 more years! 4 more years! Let the games continue!!! Laugh
Collapse -
(NT) I'll take that trade-off
by Josh K / November 7, 2012 1:35 AM PST
Collapse -
After another
by Glenda. / November 7, 2012 2:21 AM PST

four years of BO'S CHANGE we will be even further in the hole:( Hopefully after the first four maybe he has learned something, anything would be nice.

Collapse -
RE: we will be even further in the hole
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 2:27 AM PST
In reply to: After another

You mean an "Economic Reset"?

Collapse -
(NT) Economic Reboot/Reset
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 2:28 AM PST
Collapse -
You mean similar to the
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 3:06 AM PST
In reply to: Economic Reboot/Reset

Russia reset? That's worked out real well for us.

Collapse -
Ask James........he wants a reset..
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 3:46 AM PST

He'd have all the details on how it would work.

Collapse -
(NT) So you admit it has all been a game? lol
by grimgraphix / November 7, 2012 11:50 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Yes, you have been making a game of it
by James Denison / November 7, 2012 12:20 PM PST
Collapse -
(NT) LOL, you're such a card. ^_^
by grimgraphix / November 7, 2012 12:46 PM PST
Collapse -
What have I got to do with Trump?
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 3:12 AM PST

You call out my name but talk about Trump, Bachmann (who won) and Palin.

If your intention in your topic line is to supposedly 'rub my nose' in your win, it isn't going to work. I told you before, Josh, that if BO won, you would have to put up with four more years of my rants against him. I don't intend to back down from that because the guy is dangerous for our country and his policies are going to just about kill us.

Bask in your day or two of sunshine....Nov 17 is a hearing date for Benghazi.......perhaps we'll be looking at impeachment charges and he can join the ranks with Clinton since without him, BO wouldn't have had a chance in hell and you all know it. Fast and Furious is long overdue as well, doncha think?

This prez has a lot that his administration has to account for......the death of one, possibly two, border guards, an Ambassador, his aid, and two former SEALs. If you think the Reps are going to let those die away, you're as crazy as the rest of the idiots who voted BO back in.

Collapse -
As I said to James......
by Josh K / November 7, 2012 4:20 AM PST

......if four more years of your rants is the price of an Obama victory (and Romney loss), then I'll take the deal.

I was just running through a few people who I think have stepped completely off the curb. Trump is one. I neglected to include Rudy Giuliani, who said during an interview the other day that Bengazi wouldn't have happened under Reagan. I guess he forgot about the Lebanon barracks attack that killed 241 marines in '83. Never mind that Rudy Giuliani is the last person who should be criticizing a president over a security lapse, being that he never criticized anyone in the Bush Administration over the biggest one in our history.

Collapse -
Reagan didn't have the warnings
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 4:49 AM PST

in advance.........BO and his pillar of a leader of the State Department had tons of warnings since April, right up until the same day of the attacks and ignored them all or discredited those warnings to the point of not only pulling the needed security, but leaving the Ambassador and his aide there, causing their murders.

Collapse -
You have no idea....
by Josh K / November 7, 2012 5:05 AM PST

......what Reagan did or didn't know.

Wondering though -- do you think "BO" got a memo titled "Terrorists determined to strike inside Bengazi?"

Wink

Collapse -
Maybe not personally
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 6:36 AM PST
In reply to: You have no idea....

at least for a little while, but the State Dept was getting the emails and cables on a pretty regular basis, and if BO wasn't told that the consulate had been bombed twice (April and June), that the British Ambassador was attacked and they pulled everybody out in August, and that the Red Cross pulled out at the same time, then he's more out of touch with his own administration than he is with the people he pretends he cares about who not only voted for him but work for him since he's the one who personally appointed Stevens to that risky post and then didn't provide his protection because BO was trying to convince the world that Libya was 'normalized'.

Collapse -
Josh, would you say...
by J. Vega / November 7, 2012 7:50 AM PST
In reply to: You have no idea....

Josh, would you say that Obama has had clear warnings that before the end of his second term, Iran will probably have developed a nuclear weapons capability? How will he react when they do?

Collapse -
He won't "react"
by Josh K / November 7, 2012 8:45 AM PST
In reply to: Josh, would you say...

The Administration and the Intel community are well aware of where Iran is, where they may be going and how long it would take them to get there. They're not going to wait until Iran has a nuke and then "react." Obama has stated this openly; in fact I think he mentioned it in one of the debates.

Collapse -
Thoughts, Josh...
by J. Vega / November 7, 2012 2:01 PM PST
In reply to: He won't "react"

Iran will play the games they are playing until they get 2 weapons. 2 because one must be test detonated proving to the rest of the world that they have the ability. A "gun device" is not all that hard to make. Consider something: When most people think about a "nuke', they envision a technically complex device that is small enough to fit in a rocket, and capable of surviving a trip on one. Iran is a country that supports terrorism, and uses their religious beliefs to base their actions upon.
A rocket can be a delivery device for a 'nuke', but so can a terrorist, especially one who is willing to die as a result of his delivery and activation of such a device. If you're not producing a device to be delivered on a rocket but in something like the hold of a ship, the device can be comparatively "crude" in size, shape, and design. Things like safeties can be quite minimal. If someone having one does not care if they die activating it, the timing provisions don't need to be complex at all, just a simple switch, which when thrown detonates it.
A device designed to be given to a terrorist to detonate at the target can be designed quickly. I think one could be made that would easily fit into a foot locker. If that locker had enough lead shielding (to avoid or delay detection) and were in the hold of a ship heading for a port or say a train box car heading north from Mexico, would we detect it in time? Remember, if it's under the control of a suicide bomber, he can flick the switch and detonate it when he sees he has been detected. He might not have been at his planned target yet, but that detonation would cause destruction and secondary effects anywhere in the location where it was detonated.
On Obama's reliance on intel for safety, consider what recently happened in Libya.

Collapse -
RE:When most people think about a "nuke',
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 7:29 PM PST
In reply to: Thoughts, Josh...
When most people think about a "nuke', they envision a technically complex device that is small enough to fit in a rocket,

Most maybe, but not everyone, there are movies and TV shows with THAT scenario.

Have you been watching "Homeland"?Obama has

In the latest episode the terrorists are removing a box the size of a footlocker from a false wall and the CIA, FBI are hot on their trail.

because one must be test detonated proving to the rest of the world that they have the ability

Thoughts

Would they have to do this BEFORE they built the second one?

Would they build 2 exactly the same and IF the first one works...they know/assume the second one will work (then they hide the second in a strategic location)...

OF Course ONCE they detonate the first (practice) device...world attention will REALLY be on them...in the form of physical retaliation.

BUT IF the first one doesn't work(and word gets out that they've built a nuclear device)...they have a DUD for the second. Back to the drawing board, IF they can find a drawing board.
Collapse -
I believe it has to be heavy
by James Denison / November 7, 2012 9:39 PM PST
In reply to: Thoughts, Josh...

First off the radioactive material is some of the heaviest on earth, heavier than lead even. The casing must be thick enough to contain the high energy of the triggering explosion long enough to aid in creating the chain reaction. The chain reaction begins not at the triggering explosion side, but when the two highly unstable radioactive pieces collide with a force strong enough to create any singular point of reaction causing an atom to explode, thereby starting the chain reaction which results in the huge explosion. Because the radioactive material is so dense, the energy of the initial reaction is able to create the chain reaction. I've wondered if just an airdrop itself would create the reaction, even devoid of any triggering explosion, just by the energy produced upon impact? Remember, we used a trigger explosion in the atom bombs in Japan due to the desire for an explosion at an altitude above the city which would cause the most widespread damage.

Collapse -
I'm glad you're ready to take the deal.....
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 4:51 AM PST

But the price that will be paid won't just be my rants for four years.

Collapse -
RE: the price that will be paid
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 11:45 AM PST

When you're not ranting in SE you can go to a Republican Party Convention and rant, IF they'll let you stay.

GOP asks "why?" and "where do we go from here?"

WASHINGTON (AP) - Having lost the popular vote in five of the last six presidential elections, Republicans plunged Wednesday into an intense period of self-examination, blame-setting and testy debate over whether their party needs serious change or just some minor tweaks.

Some other Republicans, however, see bigger problems. The party must shed its "absolutism on issues like tax increases," which congressional lawmakers oppose at virtually every level, said John Ullyot, a former Republican Senate aide.

"The only way the party is going to move more to the middle is when we get sick of losing," he said.

Republican campaign pros said the party must find a way to temper the talk about immigration without infuriating conservatives who oppose "amnesty" for those who entered the country illegally.

"You can't just say 'If you fix the tone, you fix the problem,'" said Republican consultant Terry Nelson. "We have to figure out what kind of policy solutions we have for this."

Ullyot said congressional Republicans should embrace more lenient immigration policies immediately.

Collapse -
And the only way
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 8:15 PM PST

that the Dems will finally be credible is when they ALSO start moving to the middle again and avoid having bills passed without even one Rep vote. You already had Reid making the statement before the election was held that if Romney won he wouldn't present any bills for a vote in the Senate, which is what he's been doing now for two years already.

And, in case you didn't know this, a Senate aide is a nobody when it comes to being an authority figure or a spox for either party. It's like talking to the janitor at Microsoft and expecting to hear expert information on programming strategy.

Collapse -
And BO
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 8:07 PM PST
In reply to: RE: Bachmann (who won)

squeaked through with his re-election numbers, so a win is a win is a win, right?

Collapse -
a win IS a win.........doesn't stop people from complaining.
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 8:14 PM PST
In reply to: And BO

Does it?

Collapse -
No it doesn't
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 8:20 PM PST

nor does it stop some people from trying to make a win into some new high-fiving revolutionary statement. I'm not complaining about the win for BO itself.......I'm just prepared to keep complaining about his policies for the next four years.

I mainly find it disturbing that this is the first time in our history that a prez was re-elected with a record as horrendous as this one has and that his entire campaign was started and ended with a 'kill Romney' theme (Chicago tactics) and that it worked.

Collapse -
RE: 'kill Romney'
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 8:26 PM PST
In reply to: No it doesn't

Like when YOU say Obama KILLED the people in Benghazi?

Collapse -
BO did
by TONI H / November 7, 2012 10:18 PM PST
In reply to: RE: 'kill Romney'

get those people killed on his watch. He didn't start off with the agenda a year ago to kill them but he left it up to his administration and himself to leave them in danger in order to reach his agenda of 'normalizing' Libya. His agenda starting from before the Primary presidential debates were started was that Romney would be the 'target' and the 'kill Romney' directive was already in place.

Collapse -
Get it ALL out there Toni....You're not done yet....
by JP Bill / November 7, 2012 10:48 PM PST
In reply to: BO did
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.