Speakeasy

Rant

Green paint dumped all over

by TONI H / July 26, 2013 1:06 AM PDT

the statue at the Lincoln Memorial....is this another 'protest' over the Z verdict? After all, didn't Lincoln free the slaves? It would seem appropriate in a very sick way that protestors or some whacked out activist would see this as symbolic, right?

Like I said....our country has gone crazy.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Green paint dumped all over
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Green paint dumped all over
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I am shocked. SHOCKED.......
by Josh K / July 26, 2013 1:13 AM PDT

........that you missed an opportunity to try to blame this act of vandalism on the president. You get a B+ though, for your completely unsupported attempt to link it to the Zimmerman verdict.

Collapse -
I don't see the connection
by James Denison / July 26, 2013 1:14 AM PDT

between the vandalism and Zimmerman?

Collapse -
I hope there isn't one
by TONI H / July 26, 2013 1:59 AM PDT

however, I find it ironically strange that with all the protests going on over the Z case, that the Lincoln Memorial was the one vandalized and not some other historic monument by this whacked out loon. It's like a sick, twisted message of sorts. I'll wait for the final outcome (surveillance tapes could id the person) as to why this particular site was chosen....I'm hoping I'm wrong.

Collapse -
I'd say the odds of you being right.....
by Josh K / July 26, 2013 3:30 AM PDT
In reply to: I hope there isn't one

.....are around one in ten million, so I wouldn't sweat it. You might be less stressed if you stopped trying to invent explanations for things and just waited until some actual information was available.

Collapse -
(NT) Like you, the media, et al did over the Z case?
by TONI H / July 26, 2013 4:53 AM PDT
Collapse -
As long as we're pulling theories out of our @$$es.....
by Josh K / July 27, 2013 11:39 AM PDT

........I'm going to suggest it was a southern white secessionist wearing a baseball cap with the rebel flag and an NRA pin on it. "I'm hoping I'm wrong."

Collapse -
I did find a picture
by James Denison / July 26, 2013 2:00 AM PDT
Collapse -
(NT) Paint ball gun?
by Steven Haninger / July 26, 2013 2:14 AM PDT
In reply to: I did find a picture
Collapse -
that would make sense
by James Denison / July 26, 2013 2:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Paint ball gun?

I was wondering about the splash pattern. Seems to be more than in a paintball though. Why green?

Collapse -
The splash
by Steven Haninger / July 26, 2013 2:29 AM PDT
In reply to: that would make sense

I don't participate in the sport but thought the splash would radiate more in all directions. However, distance, elevation and angle could be a factor. A straight line shot would be more star like but what about a downward arc? I'd need to test the theory on a neighbor's house.

Collapse -
It looks more like
by TONI H / July 26, 2013 2:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Paint ball gun?

the person dumped a brush into a can of paint and then used a downward, overhead hard movement with their arm to spatter with. Disgusting act in any event.

Collapse -
If you want to see something odd
by James Denison / July 26, 2013 2:47 AM PDT

Check out the MLK memorial. They made him white! Not even dark granite, much less using a black stone. I've always thought that was a bit odd.

Collapse -
Major mediums
by Steven Haninger / July 26, 2013 3:43 AM PDT

Bronze and marble statuary is classic art from old Greek and Roman times. The color of the person didn't much matter. It would seem that lighter material would show human features better if the statue was to be viewed by natural light. If the medium used is of one color, the features come from shadows and highlights. Using a darker material would do fine if artificially lighted to bring out details but not so well if the sun was the only source.

Collapse -
Not sure on that one
by James Denison / July 26, 2013 3:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Major mediums

As I recall, some of the old marble statues were discovered to have been painted in some ancient times, not unlike the Egyptians did to many of theirs as found in tombs.

Collapse -
of course, green is a "islamic" color
by grimgraphix / July 26, 2013 7:37 AM PDT

I'm surprised Toni didn't tie it into a domestic muslim terrorist plot.

Collapse -
Then I must be one
by TONI H / July 26, 2013 7:58 AM PDT

Every room in my house is in green and white. lol

Collapse -
Green and white
by Steven Haninger / July 26, 2013 8:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Then I must be one

makes you 2 thirds Irish. Add some orange and you should be step dancing.

Collapse -
An arrest has been made
by Josh K / July 30, 2013 1:17 AM PDT
Collapse -
I'll wait for the results
by TONI H / July 30, 2013 1:50 AM PDT

of the paint testing for a 'match' to the same paint she used........She's only been charged with the one act at the Cathedral and none of the rest of the vandalism. There are also, according to your link, other paint incidents over the last week that they haven't linked to her either.

You have just done the same quick accusation routine you and others did with regard to Z, Josh....jumped to conclusions that now that one person has been arrested, guilt is automatically assumed regarding it all. You have a real problem with waiting for evidence and proof, doncha?

Typical response though when you consider that the same type of attitude is universal with this administration........'the case is done being investigated, move on, there's nothing here to see'.......

Collapse -
LOL, you insisting we wait for proof
by Josh K / July 30, 2013 2:19 AM PDT

You only started this thread in the first place as a way to leap to a ridiculous conclusion without even knowing who did it. Now we know

Collapse -
No, you don't know, Josh
by TONI H / July 30, 2013 2:48 AM PDT

You know about one incident out of five or six...some with a different paint and some contaminated with human waste. Obviously at least SOME of those incidents aren't connected to her, but you've pretty much, with your statements, concluded that there is nothing left to investigate because she's mentally ill and must have done them all.

I speculated, yes.......and I also said I hope I'm wrong. I'll be happy if I am; however, I didn't deliberately and without proof state that someone was guilty like you just did and wipe my hands of the rest of the incidents by pinning them on her as well.

Collapse -
why is this such a big deal?
by James Denison / July 30, 2013 2:51 AM PDT

Idiots all over the world "tag" something once in awhile. Most of them are insignificant idiots hoping to become well known idiots, but idiots nontheless.

Collapse -
Amazing
by Josh K / July 30, 2013 2:57 AM PDT

Simply amazing. You can pull theories out of your *** and criticize others for far less speculative conclusions in the same sentence. That's an art.

Collapse -
Speaking of a##es, Josh
by TONI H / July 30, 2013 6:56 AM PDT
In reply to: Amazing

You are making one of yourself now.....I speculated on WHY the Lincoln Memorial might have targeted. YOU actually are accusing a mentally unstable women of vandalizing ALL of the sites when so far there isn't any proof that she did anything, except perhaps the Cathedral job. Your link mentioned that others had been hit the week before, some with the same color green paint (but not necessarily the SAME green paint since tests have to be run first), some were in white, and some were contaminated paint with human waste. I don't have a theory of any sort, contrary to your statement. I speculated retaliation.......YOU convicted the woman already as you did with Z for all of those crimes. As far as you're concerned the case is closed, lock her up, and move on....the same as you did for Z. I speculate, you convict early on.

Nice try.

Collapse -
Give it up, Toni
by Josh K / July 30, 2013 10:57 PM PDT

That she was arrested for one of them makes it reasonable to suspect that she did them all.

Your speculation, on the other hand, was based on absolutely nothing other than your own warped imagination.

Collapse -
I think we're both going to end up wrong
by TONI H / July 31, 2013 12:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Give it up, Toni

and I'm ok with that....are you?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Magazine

The summer issue is here!

In the latest edition of our quarterly magazine, we look at how you can spend your summer getting fit and having fun. Pick up a copy on newsstands today or order it now.