Hello. I recently built myself a new desktop. the specs are
windows 7 64 bit home premium
3.6 ghz zambezi quad core cpu
2 x 2 gb 1600mhz ram
amd 6670 sapphire gpu
500gb western digital 7200 rpm hd
asrock 990fx extreme3
corsair 600w gamer series power supply

I have been playing mass effect 1. i am about 15 hours into the game, no complications thus far. can run the graphics at ultra but play on medium just to not stress the gpu that much cuz i know its not the best gaming card. I went to the planet noveria and got to peak 15. when i enter the garage, all of the characters, myself and my 2 teammates, turn in to black blocks. i can run out of the garage and it is just fine. i puts me back to me. but as soon as i run in, i turn into a blob again.
I checked to make sure my gpu was not overheating cuz it is only running around 45-53 celcius while playing mass effect or world of warcraft( which runs fine btw).
I next went to check my drivers were up to date. first let windows 7 check to see if it needed an update. it said no. didn't trust it all the way so i went to amd to check. their site also said i was up to date
next i went to the catalyst program to change settings. i went through 1 by 1 and turned everything off and would load ME1. still broken. Next i turned everything to max. same result. I changed all the settings in game in the same manner. No change.
i figured the files for ME1 must be bad so i uninstalled and reinstalled and i was still a black blob.
Any help that you can give me would be great cuz i am really at a loss for what is wrong. its not like that section is more graphic intense, all other games have worked fine. thanks a lot.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: graphics are acting strange
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: graphics are acting strange
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Did you check the game maker's support.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 16, 2012 2:59 AM PDT

This sounds like another bug in another game. Since the game works up to that level, I would not suspect the hardware. Only the game maker may have a fix.
Bob

Collapse -
so update mass effect
by veilreaper88 / March 16, 2012 3:05 AM PDT

so the solution would be to update mass effect then? thanks a lot for the quick response. was a little worried as this is my first rig. thanks

Collapse -
just got done updating
by veilreaper88 / March 16, 2012 4:45 AM PDT
In reply to: so update mass effect

updated to 1.02 which is the most recent patch i can find and no change. still blobs just in that area. can start a new guy, reload an old save on that guy. all works fine. peak 15, still broken. any other ideas?

Collapse -
None really.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 16, 2012 4:56 AM PDT
In reply to: just got done updating

Your posts are not pointing to a hardware issue. There are far too many bugs in most games for me to list here. HOWEVER there are usually forums about this game and you find folk reporting those bugs.

And however (again) I am finding folk that think there are no bugs in these games. It's a big shock to some.

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=mass+effect+black+blobs

Hmm, it looks like folk are talking about it and no absolute cure.
Bob

Collapse -
alright. i will look at that,
by veilreaper88 / March 16, 2012 5:10 AM PDT
In reply to: None really.

maybe i will play through with the blobs for a little bit and see if it fixes itself after this mission. thanks for all the posts.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.