Windows 8 forum

Rant

Got rid of that piece of crap that was WIN8 Pro

by DChrisL / December 11, 2012 6:25 AM PST
Wen t get my $ back from the bank. broke up WIN8 Pro and Win8 repair disk. Win * does not have facebook.com messenger and I had to delete everything 2 times in my computer. In deleted email address for outlook.com. Add that to the sixteen they blocked, three on WIN8. I will never use Windows 8!
It is garbage. Broke into pieces right in from of the bank's manager and tore up the registration number also. I am really pissed at the outside firm that sold me this: arvato digital services, llc, 29011 Commerce Course Drive, Valencia, CA 91355 USA.
If anyone has the notion to update, make absolutely certain your provider has recovery disks. I also dropped http://www.msn.com/
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Got rid of that piece of crap that was WIN8 Pro
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Got rid of that piece of crap that was WIN8 Pro
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Arvato
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 9:52 PM PST

Microsoft uses Arvato to handle the payment and delivery of Windows 8, just like they did when introducing earlier versions of Windows. There's really no reason to blame Arvato, because they did what were supposed to do: deliver what you ordered and what you paid for.

If you're unhappy with Windows 8, you can only blame Mixrosoft for making it and yourself for buying it without proper research. But certainly not Arvato.

Kees

Collapse -
So, the real cuprit is microsft.com
by DChrisL / December 12, 2012 7:04 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Arvato
But to call it a Pro was Arvato's doing, since it was only a preview. I will writing microsoft.com about that, especially since I could not install facebook messenger and since 3 emails were destroyed in 3 days, Plus 13 more that are no longer usable in a year+. Darrell

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove email addresses to prevent abuse by spammers. on 12/13/2012 at 8:13 AM PT
Collapse -
Re: preview
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 12, 2012 4:06 PM PST

The previews were free, so you didn't pay for them. And with previews, it's not adviced to install them on your main machine, because they can contain all sorts of errors and bugs. So if it was a preview, you don't have any issue, neither with your money nor with any claim of damage.

With Windows 8 coming in three variants (Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Ultimate), it's imaginable there are previews for all three. And those names come from Microsoft also (just like the names for 5 variants of Windows 7). Again, no reason at all to blame Arvato for anything.

I've asked the forum administrator to remove the email addresses from your post.

Kees

Collapse -
Kees, thank you on the removal of all my posts except
by DChrisL / December 12, 2012 5:35 PM PST
In reply to: Re: preview
This one. Now have the addresses of both, Arvato and Microsoft, in FL, There is a lemon law, also since I am 67 years old I get lawyers for free. Darrell
Collapse -
Re: Microsoft
by Kees_B Forum moderator / December 12, 2012 6:06 PM PST

The head office of Microsoft is located in Redmond. That isn't in Florida, but on the totally opposite site of the USA (North west, near Canada).

For Arvato you gave a CA address in your first post, so it's a little bit strange you now mention FL. It's an international company, with the head office in Germany, as shown by http://www.arvato.com/en/contact.html

Why do you think a lemon law would apply? On a preview, they aren't applicable by definition. That's meant to have errors. And for the final version there are millions of happy Windows 8 users, and all copies are the same, so hardly anything can be wrong with yours.
I think no lawyer will make a case out of this unhappy incident.

Kees

Collapse -
WIN 8
by firsteditions / January 3, 2013 6:38 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Arvato

Before we let Arvato off the hook, I bought Win 8 Update from them in early December, and paid them for both the download AND a Win 8 DVD. Win 8's okay, and they emailed me that they'd shipped the DVD, but that I couldn't reach them by replying to the email. Now I haven't received the DVD and don't have any way to reach them to inquire about it. What do I do?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.