Speakeasy forum

General discussion

GOP is starting to carpet bomb WV with commercials

by grimgraphix / October 12, 2010 12:59 PM PDT

We have both senate and house seats up for grabs this year, that have regularly gone to the same democratic candidates in the past.

The thing is... every commercial run for GOP candidates, has nothing to do with WV. These are WV elections, and all the GOP commercials talk about is Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Obamas agenda. There is no mention at all, of any issues that actually concern my state.

The Dems aren't much better, since all their commercials are countering the mud slinging that has occurred in the local papers, and don't really address WV issues.

I don't need my local election to be a referendum on national politics. I wish my state's candidates would remember that.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: GOP is starting to carpet bomb WV with commercials
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: GOP is starting to carpet bomb WV with commercials
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Six of one...a half dozen of the other
by Steven Haninger / October 12, 2010 7:05 PM PDT

Grim...there's no difference in either of them. Neither is better or worse. Personally, I don't even know the parties of many of the candidates here unless I look them up and many of the offices they are running for should have nothing to do with policy anyway. Our country's campaigning and election process is an embarrassment. Sad

Collapse -
I watched 6 GOP commercials and 2 Dem ones in 10 minutes
by grimgraphix / October 12, 2010 10:49 PM PDT

I can tell already, that we (my state) is gonna be pounded with political advertisements that have nothing to do... with my state.

I'm writing in Robert Byrd for senate this year... because even a dead man has more concern for the state than the current crop of candidates.

Collapse -
All I hear is that every candidate claims that
by Steven Haninger / October 13, 2010 3:15 AM PDT

they will fight. That's a promise I know will be kept by all. Wink

Collapse -
HA HA !!
by Mike_Hanks / October 12, 2010 9:49 PM PDT

Democrats are still running against Bush !!!

Collapse -
And losing!
by EdHannigan / October 12, 2010 10:14 PM PDT
In reply to: HA HA !!

Collapse -
by EdHannigan / October 12, 2010 10:15 PM PDT
In reply to: And losing!

Collapse -
huh ? What does your comment have to do with the topic?
by grimgraphix / October 12, 2010 10:56 PM PDT
In reply to: HA HA !!

The GOP is bringing an impressive amount of advertising money into my state.

The advertisements have nothing to do with State issues. They don't have anything to do with Bush either.

Should I assume you are just trying to be glib and provocative?

Collapse -
by Mike_Hanks / October 12, 2010 11:06 PM PDT

"I don't need my local election to be a referendum on national politics"

Is it that hard for you to keep your own train of thought??

Democrats are still running against Bush.

Collapse -
Very glib...
by EdHannigan / October 12, 2010 11:19 PM PDT
In reply to: ???

are you trying to be provocative?

Collapse -
It's not my fault
by Mike_Hanks / October 13, 2010 3:54 AM PDT
In reply to: Very glib...

People lose track of their own thought process

Collapse -
I guess the dems are still running against Bush...
by grimgraphix / October 13, 2010 11:25 AM PDT
In reply to: ???

... because he was the reason the GOP lost in 2008. I mean, why change a successful strategy?

That only makes sense, since even the Tea Party stands against everything Bush did. It is amazing how many GOP candidates will be losing to Tea Party conservatives this coming fall.

All the Tea Party has to do is remind the country that the GOP is repeating the same empty promises of fiscal conservatism that they failed to live up to over the past 10 years.

I see what you mean now Mike. Thanks for brining it up !

Collapse -
It's ironic that Bush is now more popular
by Kiddpeat / October 13, 2010 1:21 PM PDT

than the Democrats including Obama. It doesn't seem like a good idea to run against someone who is more popular than you are.

Collapse -
Bush is more popular?
by grimgraphix / October 13, 2010 2:13 PM PDT

That must be why he is spending all his time stumping on the campaign trail for the GOP right now.

Oh wait...

Collapse -
The Dems are doing this in Illinois
by Kiddpeat / October 13, 2010 1:16 PM PDT

They don't want to talk about their record so they mud sling with no sense of embarrassment. It is amazing to see candidates brazenly lieing as they look you in the face. Conversely, the Republicans are far better able to talk about the issues.

Collapse -
(NT) Lies are pretty much all they have.
by EdHannigan / October 13, 2010 10:09 PM PDT
Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.