Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Good website for sending e-cards from w/o worry of spyware

by Big Steve / November 27, 2007 1:23 PM PST

Can anyone recommend a good website to use to send holiday e-cards through without having to worry about the website adding spyware and such to my computer?

Big Steve
Biloxi, Mississippi
11/27/07

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Good website for sending e-cards from w/o worry of spyware
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Good website for sending e-cards from w/o worry of spyware
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
So far I never had problems with.....

Hallmark FREE ecards:

http://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category1|10001|10051|147551|147551|ecards|unEcardandMore|E-Cards%20&%20Photo%20Cards?lid=unEcardandMore

Or...

JacquieLawson

http://www.jacquielawson.com/

but is NOT free:

Of course, an e-card service of this kind cannot be operated free of charge and to cover the enormous costs of servers and suchlike. Jacquie's entire collection of e-cards is available for a modest yearly membership fee. A one-year subscription allows you to send as many greetings as you like. This reflects a deliberate policy of trying to keep prices low in order to allow as many people as possible to enjoy Jacquie's beautifully prepared online greeting cards.

Collapse -
Re: So far I never had problems with.....
by Big Steve / November 27, 2007 2:30 PM PST

Thanks for the info.

Big Steve
Biloxi, Mississippi
11/28/07

Collapse -
Jacquie Lawson cards
by maggiea43 / November 27, 2007 9:12 PM PST

are wonderful. It only costs $10.00 a year. Everyone is animated with music. I've been using this for about 3 years now. Really beautiful...Maggie

Collapse -
Hallmark
by camerams / November 30, 2007 2:39 PM PST

Hallmark has the best quality cards. I use them all the time.

Collapse -
Re: Hallmark
by Big Steve / November 30, 2007 2:54 PM PST
In reply to: Hallmark

Thank you very much.

Big Steve
Biloxi, Mississippi
12/01/07

Collapse -
Birthday Alarm
by mynond / December 1, 2007 4:16 AM PST

I have been using Birthday Alarm. They offer several different categories besides birthdays. I like the fact that they email me reminders before someone's birthday. It is not free. I can't remember how much it is but it is reasonable. Haven't had any trouble with spyware with this site.

Collapse -
Re: Birthday Alarm
by Big Steve / December 1, 2007 9:08 AM PST
In reply to: Birthday Alarm

Thank you very much.

Big Steve
Biloxi, Mississippi
12/01/07

Collapse -
Good Web site for sending e-cards
by hikergirl / December 3, 2007 5:50 AM PST

Steve,
If you have Yahoo! email (it's free), you're all set. Yahoo! uses American Greetings, and it's only $13.99/year. I got the first 30 days free. There are 100s from which to choose - some postcards but most are animated. None are outrageously disgusting, perhaps a slight leaning in an untoward direction. I can assure you, many are guaranteed to evoke a good belly laugh. And, there are the sweet, gentle, thoughtful cards. If Yahoo! isn't a trustworthy site, I don't know what else would be.

Collapse -
Re: Good Web site for sending e-cards.
by Big Steve / December 3, 2007 6:29 AM PST

Thank you hikergirl for the post. I have Yahoo free email so I'll have to check it out. I like winter snow scenes with animation; something like Thomas Kincaide's scenes; the "Painter of Light" but I am more concerned about my computer being hit with a potential security threat than I am in finding the right site to send some nice holiday e-cards out.

Big Steve
Biloxi, Mississippi
12/03/07

Collapse -
Amazon.com
by Jordan Skylar / December 4, 2007 12:09 PM PST

Amazon.com has free e-cards you can use. I've never had any problems.

Collapse -
Ojolie.com is a good Jacquie Lawson alternative ecard site
by netdog00 / December 7, 2007 2:00 PM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.