Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

General discussion

Good Web Host

by computerfan9000 / October 20, 2006 11:55 AM PDT

I need a good,FREE web host that has MySQL support. Please help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Good Web Host
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Good Web Host
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Free Web hosting
by 2badd / August 29, 2010 7:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Good Web Host
Collapse -
Look for cheap rather than free
by ThaMag / August 31, 2010 10:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Free Web hosting

Good free host with MySQL support? If you're looking for a good host it would be better to look for cheap instead of free host. I don't understand why people want free hosting. And want it to be good. You're expecting something for nothing. If you decide to go paid route take a look at this poll: http://webmasterformat.com/find-a-host/poll-who-is-the-best-host on who is the best web hosting service with some of the most popular hosts listed. If you pay $3 - $4 per month you can get quality and reliable service for your website. And what is $3 monthly? One beer at the local pub. Probably your site deserves that.

Collapse -
thanks
by tugatech / February 17, 2011 9:13 AM PST
In reply to: Free Web hosting

Thanks...
Help me too... Happy

Collapse -
doesn't exist
by stephentech / September 12, 2010 7:44 PM PDT

I don't think there is free host that supports MySQL. There is some free hosting that can store a few files but they don't supports MySQL and their quality is not reliable.

Collapse -
weblogmaker provide you full featured hosting, free !!
by ridemeup / September 22, 2010 7:55 AM PDT

you can try with www.weblogamker.com for full featured ( CGI, Ruby , Perl,PHP, MySQL,Fantastico) cpanel hosting. Absolutely 100% free !
Enjoy.

Collapse -
Fraud at 1and1
by jay95131 / February 15, 2011 2:45 PM PST

I have been with 1and1 for several years and my experience has been really frustrating for almost 99% of the time, there billing department is so rude they don't care about anything.

1. To cancel any auto renewal is a pain, they will charge regardless. Its very difficult to cancel any service with them.

2. I was out of country for a month, they sent me to collection and made a bad credit mark in my score, I cannot get it resolved till today.

3. They canceled several domains even though I paid the collection agency $400 without an idea what I was paying for and how many domains, the collection agency assured me that my account will be put back to active status, however 1and1 refused to do it and still cancelled my contracts which had over 30domains, these domains were expired without me giving a chance to renew and I have to go through there ridiculous redemption process which costs $40 for each domain, even though the domain expired less than 24hrs ago.

I have lost valuable domains which I had for over four five years, which had high value.They have been auctioned out and sold to third party agency and in return I had to buy them back paying $500 for some domains.

I cannot imagine a company with policies like this still exists in this business.

Collapse -
I forgot to mention the best part
by jay95131 / February 15, 2011 2:48 PM PST
In reply to: Fraud at 1and1

Now, I have finally found an alternative company, which has been reliable and trustworthy. I have been with them now for over a year and just love there service.

If your looking for good quality hosting and affordable prices, you should check out:
http://www.ehostone.net

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.