Tablets forum

good tablet to taking and saving handwritten notes?

by MarthaC53 / August 4, 2011 7:13 AM PDT

I'm just plain tired of going to many meetings, writing on a lined pad, and having paper folders all over the place.
I don't want to be typing while participating in a meeting.
Which tablet should I get to be able to take my notes and then store them and organize them as regular documents? I don't need them to be translated into typing. I just want to save space and paper.
Thank you!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: good tablet to taking and saving handwritten notes?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: good tablet to taking and saving handwritten notes?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Still tops?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 4, 2011 7:25 AM PDT

Penultimate on an iPad. Great stuff.

Collapse -
by fondy / August 5, 2011 10:06 AM PDT

If the notes are for future reference only and don't need to be edited, you might try photographing the paper notes and importing the files to a PC or tablet.
I've tried Penultimate for iPad but got annoyed with it because I could only fit a couple of short blurbs on a page, plus trying to write with the tip of your finger feels awkward. OTOH, my coworker uses a stylus with her iPad and is pretty satisfied.

Collapse -
After folk learn about touchscreen note taking.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 5, 2011 10:10 AM PDT
In reply to: Alternative

They usually add one of those keyboard cases and turn it into a mini laptop.

I see people repeat this lesson often.

Collapse -
Side note
by fondy / August 5, 2011 10:17 AM PDT
In reply to: Alternative

Off topic but something to consider with tablets:
I just tried to respond to this question from both an iPhone 4 and an iPad 1 and for some reason the website wouldn't accept the submission until I switched to my PC. Things like this are more the exception than the rule, but they do happen often enough to get annoying.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.